1.Nostalgic car rides

I was off to a bad start.

I had lost my charm bracelet somewhere on the way, which I believed brought me luck even though it had never once proved it's worth. But most of all it was pretty.

A miniature half moon surrounded by six stars hung in a silver chain. I don't remember exactly how I got the bracelet but it was with me for as long as I can remember.

Matheo had re-emerged right after the flight landed. After checking out he had lead me to a car.

"He's Jordan. He will drop you off," Matheo pointed towards the man in the driver's seat.

Without further questions I bid him goodbye, in response to which he clicked his tongue.

I was glad to get rid of him.

I was wary of Matheo. He didn't seem to have a preferable view of me and it showed in his face.

The car was similar to the one Matheo drove in London.

"Aylin, right?" The guy named Jordan inquired even though he already knew the answer.

I nodded my head.

"Jordan Walter," he introduced, "I work with your brother."

"Oh," I remarked not knowing what else to say.

He chucked at my not-so-creative responses.

"Not much of a talker, are you?" he assumed.

"Why aren't any of my brothers here to pick me up?" I asked instead.

Jordan went quiet.

He seemed to be carefully arranging the next words he was going to utter.

I gave him the time he needed, patiently waiting for an answer.

"Uh-its just--" Seeing him struggling for an answer which I wouldn't feel bad about made me feel bad for asking.

"They must be busy," I offered the solution instead. Too busy to pick up the sister they hadn't met in 9 years.

"Are you close to them?" I asked trying to ease the awkwardness.

Jordan seemed grateful at the change of topic.

"You don't remember me?" He asked with a smile.

Confused, I shook my head.

"You used to call me Jordi," he said in nostalgia. "You used to adore me, always following me around whenever I visited."

I remembered now.

He was Stephenzo's friend. He often visited the house to hangout with Stephenzo.

Some of my best childhood moments where when Jordan visited. My siblings refused to play with me. Going as far as breaking all my toys so I couldn't play alone. I had once cried to Stephenzo about it but they said I broke them myself for attention. But Jordan would always play with me and bring me chocolates.

"So you remember," Jordan commented noticing the small smile on my face.

"Yeah," I said lamely not quite sure if I was ready to divulge more into the topic which consisted of my childhood.

"Here," Jordan said passing me a rectangular object.

On clear inspection, I realized it was a chocolate bar. The one that used to be my favourite as a kid. KitKat.

It was the first chocolate I had received in years. Islington Institute didn't allow any sort of junk food. Neither was there anyone to send me one.

"Thank you," I said sincerely.

Why couldn't he be my brother instead of those monsters?