26.Albatross

"Why do you always look so sad?"

I looked up from the bird I was drawing in sand to find Noah looking down at me.

"I'm sad." I answered, going back to drawing my bird.

"Will you tell me why?" He crouched down beside me and picked up a stick to draw with me.

I nodded my head, "Big brother took you and Eve to the amusement park. I wanted to go, too."

"What are you drawing?" He asked, pointing at my drawing with his stick.

"Bird," I mumbled.

"It looks like a cricket bat." Now that he said it, it really looked like a cricket bat. But Kai said I'll get better if I keep practicing.

"I can teach you how to draw one."

"You will?"

Noah didn't answer instead started drawing lines, showing me step by step how to draw it. I copied his movements.My drawing finally started to resemble a bird.

"It looks like a real bird!" I exclaimed.

"It does," Noah agreed, pulling my cheeks.

He taught me how to draw an omelette and ribbon after that.

"I think I hear Stephen calling us." Noah said after a while.

"Oh," I felt sad our playtime was over. Noah rarely played with me. And that too, when Diego wasn't around. I know he won't play with me tomorrow again.

"You look sad again." He remarked.

"I'm sad."

"Don't be." he pulled my cheeks again, grinning at me, "I'll take you to the amusement park when I grow up."

"I'll hold you on to that promise."

... ... ...

After last night, I had realized I had to somehow stop the voices. If I continue to slip up, Stephen will catch on fast.

And that's something I can't afford to let happen.

But I was clueless on what to do. So I took the next best option. I googled for a remedy.

The Google was indeed helpful. I noted down the names of anti-psychotics that popped up. But the only problem left was I needed a doctor's prescription to buy them.

This is your time to shine, Ezra.

Rummaging through my drawers, I fished out my assignments of last week and headed to Ezra's room. It was still early in the morning so he should be sleeping.

"Ezra, are you awake?" I knocked on his door. When I didn't get an answer, I pushed open the door and went inside.

Like I guessed, Ezra was soundly asleep in his bed.

Quietly, I searched through his table and found what I was looking. A notepad his hospital provided him.

Tearing a piece of paper from it, I put it inside the papers I had brought with me. After that, I shook him awake.

"Aylin?" He half opened his eyes.

"Aylin, is something wrong?" he asked in panic at my morning visit. All the sleep from his eyes was gone as he sat up straight.

"No, nothing's wrong." I assured and he visibly calmed down.

"Why are you here then, buttercup?" He asked, leaning against the bedrest.