35.Spaghetti

How much was one supposed to endure until it was okay to give up?

I wanted to give up.

But my body didn't agree. It continued to resist. It just wouldn't shut down.

I wanted to go home.

"Ki-Kill me," I croaked out. My voice lower than a whisper after screaming for hours. "Please, kill me."

My pleadings were answered by a malicious laughter.

"Not yet, tesoro." The voice I had come to hate answered.

"W-Why are you d-doing this?"

Azazel looked up. His hands were busy sterilizing a silver knife. It was his favourite one. He told me. It was also the one that hurt the most.

"You broke a rule." Azazel bent down to my level, raising my chin with his knife. The cold silver against my skin made me shiver. "I'm simply punishing you for it."

The words rolled off his tongue without the slightest bit of hesitation.

As if torturing a 12 year old was nothing out of the ordinary.

"Do you know what this place is?" He asked.

I didn't answer. I neither had the energy or will to respond.

What difference would it make? He would torture me anyway.

"Tell me, Aylin." He asked, his eyes curious. "Do you believe in God?"

"I believe in Satan." I spat out. "Then again, it's hard not to, after meeting you."

He paused, not expecting the sudden spite from me considering I have been docile throughout the past days.

But everyone had an end point. And I had reached mine.

"Humans are fascinating creatures, Aylin." He stated. "They worship a God they can't see. Why is that?"

Upon realizing I won't be playing along he answered his own question, "Fear. They fear the unknown. They fear the life after death."

"Clearly you don't." I hissed, my throat hurting from the slightest effort I made to speak.

"Don't compare me with those lowly beings." He scowled. "I will eradicate fear from human mind. The world will finally reach the pinnacle of power with my guidance."

"You think you're playing God-"

"Playing God? What about me makes you think I'm merely playing?" He shook the curls out of his face, his maniac gaze fixated on me.

"I'm acting as God, defeating God, remolding God, wiping away the face of God and creating something better, something new in my own image."

"You're insane!"

"Oh, yes I am." He grinned, his eyes glinting with malice. "And you'll know all about it, tesoro."

I flinched back, my back slamming against the wall. I pulled the shackles restraining me to the dark wall.

The clinking noise brought me no relief for it only told me it was pointless.

Pointless to fight against the inevitable.

"Stay still." Azazel warned.

I didn't.