28.KitKat

"Big brother."

"What?" Diego snapped, irritated before I could even start.

"You are going to Eve's piano performance tomorrow. Can you come to mine, too?" I asked, hopefully.

"Don't annoy me, Lili." He glared at me. "Ask your dear brother Kai, why don't you?" He mocked.

I would have asked Kai but I knew how much he hated loud gatherings. I know he wouldn't be able to refuse if I ask him to come but I don't want Kai to put himself through stress.

"He gets sick if he's around too many people," I mumbled.

"And that's my problem, how?" Diego growled.

"The teacher said we have to bring someone."

"Are you intentionally trying to piss me off, Lili?"

I sighed and left from there. Convincing Diego was an impossible task.

"Ezra, will you come to my piano performance tomorrow?" I went to Ezra's room.

"Lili, I have to study. I can't."

"You can study later. It's only for an hour." I tried to coax him. He studies all the time. Can't he just take a small break for me?

"You don't understand. I have an exam and I have to score well."

"It's only for an hour!" I repeated.

"Lili, I have to submit these papers by this week. Go disturb someone else." He said dismissively.

"Maybe next time, Lili." He added when he saw my downcast expression.

He says that every time. I know his supposed next time will never come.

All my classmates always bully me because no one from my family attends my PT meetings or school functions. I don't want them to bully me.

"Sweetheart, why are you crying?" Stephen asked when he found me in his room with tears streaming down my eyes.

"No one wants to go to my piano performance," I told him, sniffling. I had asked Stephen before, but he said he's too busy and can't come.

"Is it very important to you?" He asked crouching down to my level.

"I don't want my classmates to bully me." I vigorously nodded my head.

A frown marred his features, "Do they bully you because we don't come?"

"Will you please go with me tomorrow?" I asked, feeling hopeful again.

"Only if you stop crying."

I immediately wiped all my tears and jumped on him, "Thank you!"

Stephen laughed before freeing himself from me, "Sleep early or you will get tired tomorrow."

The next day I was for the first time looking forward to the piano contest.

Eve was performing before me so Stephen decided to attend her one first.

We were both given piano lessons together. Eve didn't like playing the piano, but she never complained because Dad wouldn't let me take the lessons if Eve stopped taking them. And Eve knew I loved playing the piano. My piano teacher says I'm good at it, too.

Besides Stephen, Dad, Diego and Noah had also come. They always came. But never stayed for my performance.

But I had Stephen this time!