23.Aloevera

It's been six months since I'm here

It's been six months since I'm here. I hate it.

I haven't eaten anything since last night. The teacher said it's a punishment for being bad.

I miss Kai. He would always scold me for not eating dinner timely. When can I see him again? I want to see him really badly. I asked Dad to let me meet him. Just for once. I didn't even say goodbye to him before coming here.

He said he can't bring Kai but he promised to bring Diego today.

"Aylin Black. Report to the main office." I jumped up from my bed at the announcement. Classes were off today because it was visiting day. I felt bad for all the girls who were crying in their beds because no one came to see them. Not knowing I would be joining them soon.

After I reported my presence, they told me to go to the visiting room.

"Diego!" I ran to Diego who was sitting stiffly in one of the metal seats. I stopped calling him big brother after the pendant incident. But I noticed every time I called him by his name, he would get stiffer.

"Lili," A rare smile appeared on his lips as he stood up and picked me up. I was happy Dad wasn't here with him. I didn't like seeing his hateful gaze towards me.

"Diego, did you miss me?"

"A lot." He kissed me on my forehead, perching me on his lap. It was the first time Diego was being so affectionate towards me. It gave me hope he had stopped hating me.

"Are you here to take me home?" I asked hopefully. He was being so kind to me so it must be why.

"Not yet." I felt like crying at his words. Why can't I go home yet?

"I don't like it here. If you take me with you, I promise I will be a good girl."

"Lili, you don't have to"

Diego paused when he heard my stomach growling in hunger. "You didn't eat lunch?"

"No," I shook my head and placed my head on his chest. It's been so long since I hugged someone. It felt so warm.

"Why not?" He asked, softly.

"They won't let me eat."

"What do you mean?" Diego asked, perplexed. "Lili, when was the last time you ate something?"

I thought for a while before answering, "Lunch, yesterday."

"Do they often not let you eat like this?" I nodded at his question. I felt Diego slightly tremble as he wrapped his hands around my small stature.

"Time's up!" The man who was sitting behind a desk, on the other side of the room, informed us.

I started crying at the thought of Diego leaving. I tightened my hands around him, "No! You can't leave!"