✍🏻Her caregiver

Lila?

"Is this some kind of joke? Lila?". Jared asked Grayson in disbelief.

" She is Kira's best friend, she knows her better than anyone, so I know she will do a better job. I don't answer to you boy!". King Grayson said with authority, but Jared only got infuriated.

"You will have to answer to me, Grayson. Kira will not be watched by this snake. She betrayed her own friend".

Lila had a remorseful look on her face and kept her head bowed down before Jared. She started to speak in a low voice, trembling before him. "Your your highness, I promise you I never betrayed Kira, she is my sister, I would never hurt her. I only said what I witnessed, but forgive me please..."

Jared could see the pretence behind her innocent front, a true green snake in green grass. He never liked her from the first day he saw her, the aura she emitted was of a psychopath. "I will not allow her anywhere near Kira, Grayson".

Grayson smiled at him halfheartedly, then shifted his gaze to Edrin who was busy rubbing Kira's hand as she laid on the bed, asleep. Grayson knew exactly how to spark his son's simple mind.
"My son, will you sit there and watch another man dictate what happens to your wife?".

This touched Edrin deep in his heart, he felt useless and as usual, Jared was taking charge of the situation while he idly stands by like a small boy. He abruptly stood up, glaring at Jared, he said;
"Lila is Kira's best friend, she will be more comfortable with Lila than any of the maids. Besides, she did not do anything wrong by speaking the truth, it proves she is trustworthy."

"But brother..."
Jared wanted to object but was cut short by Edrin.

"I am not your brother! And this woman here is my wife, not yours! Learn to mind your business, I only allowed you in here today because my father told me to, so don't you dare interfere in my family!!".

Jared frowned, it vexed him how easily Grayson could manipulate Edrin but his concern was about Kira, he wished in his heart that she would just wake up and refuse Lila, but she was too weak to stay conscious. It scared him how vulnerable she'd be in the hands of this snake, Lila. But it was not in his place to decide, so he walked out of the room, leaving them there.  He needed to find a way to keep Kira safe.

Later that day, Kira was already discharged to her room and her 'caregiver', Lila had resumed duty. Lila was so happy when Edrin defended her before Jared, she felt that maybe there was a little love in his heart for her. Now that Kira was bedridden, it would be her chance to seduce him and have his complete attention and love.
'Kira is going to die while giving birth, then she would be out of the picture for good this time'. She said to herself as she weaved dangerous plans in her evil mind..

***

Jared was in his chamber making research about King Dexter, his late father when there was a loud knock on his door, he already knew who it was... "Come in". He said.

The devil himself entered. Grayson as usual had a maniacal smirk on his aging face. He walked over to Jared's table and sat across him, still maintaining eye contact as though challenging him silently. Jared did not back down from the stare down, he looked Grayson dead in the eyes, silently accepting his challenge.

Grayson finally switched his gaze to the documents on Jared's side of the table. He stretched his hand to grab them when Jared moved them back, placing them in the drawer under his table. Grayson kept his hand suspended in the air for a few seconds before withdrawing it, placing it back on the table.

"How may I help you Grayson?". Asked Jared agitated.

Grayson rested his weight against the back of the chair he was sitting on and said; "I am here to make a deal with you Jared Dexter Armstrong...That is your true name". He smirked.