VIII / mimeomia

mimeomia

n.

the frustration of knowing how easily you fit into a stereotype 

 schlatt

//

it'd been a while since schlatt saw wilbur, so this probably meant he wasn't going to see him again today.

schlatt frowned.

something about being in wilbur's company made him feel.. empty? he couldn't describe how he felt. he just felt... a little happier with wilbur around. not that he needed him to be happy, just wanted him around, in sight somewhere.

"woah! you look fuckin' pissed!" minx gasped, probably jokingly, exaggerating her accent.

minx has transferred a while ago, she got here a bit after schlatt did. schlatt enrolled at the beginning of the year however, making him the, seemingly, only american student and minx the only irish student. she'd somehow gotten here mid-year, and he still didn't see how.

weston joined on the other side of schlatt. "mm, gotta agree with her there," he added, elbowing schlatt lightly. 

"for once," schlatt added for weston, watching the crowd pool up. 

was phil late?  you could never tell where the man was, he was practically half bird. 

but, he still showed up, walking with some random ravenclaw in deep conversation. a small laugh spread throughout the crowd. phil let himself laugh too, dismissing the kid and waiting for the class to settle down. 

once it did, phil was looking into the distance. the sky.

"do you kids see those up there?" he asked, pointing over to black dots in the sky.

everyone turned.

and there! little black wisps in the distance. they were hard to see, but they were there. and moving. like, flying around in the sky. everyone saw, but not a word was said. 

"those are dementors, i'm sure you've all heard of em'," he paused, watching them closely. "'m sure you've seen em' up there before."

everyone turned back to phil.

"i don't think they teach enough about em', but since i'm no defense against the dark arts teacher, i can't do much but tell." he sighed, eyes scanning over the crowd.

phil went on, but schlatt didn't bother to listen. didn't seem too important. 

instead, he stared at the ground, studying the ants crawling around. a lot of kids must've been crushing the homes, or just crushing the ants in general. they'd be dying eventually either way, who cares? 

it was kind of annoying, the lack of things to notice outside yet it's constant ability to change. new pine needles would be on the ground, which also served as a reminder it was getting cold, and winter'd be coming up soon. which also reminded him about something minx had mentioned earlier, on the way here. 

the yule ball was coming up.

ugh.

schlatt didn't want to think of this right now. especially not now because phil had stopped talking and everyone had begun leaving. minx had been trying to get his attention.

"hey! dumbass? hello?" minx said, waving her hands in front of schlatt's face.

"cut it out, really." schlatt snapped, lightly hitting minx.

"jeez, alright. someone had to get you out of fuckin' lala land." she said, brushing it off quickly.

"yeah, yeah whatever." he said, glancing at phil before staring to walk off with minx. she'd started to talk more, but schlatt ignored it. he couldn't help but feet strange leaving. he'd noticed something minx hadn't, or hopefully hadn't noticed about phil.

phil'd been staring at the pair, with a death stare.

no, he wasn't looking at the two of them. that's what made him nervous.

his sight was focused on minx.

--

SHORT CHAPTER BECAUSE IVE GOT BIG PLANS FOR THE NEXT ONE !!!!!!

also............. im going to be reformatting the book so DONT BE SURPRISED IF THINGS LOOK DIFFERENT!!!!!!!! HAVE A NICE DAY, BE SURE TO EAT AND DRINK WATER!

(edit- GUYS. PHILS NOT CREEPY ITLL BE EXPLAINED NEXT CHAPTER i swear IM SO SORRY i meant to frame him in a creepy way its just because schlatts like yknow, wtf why is he so upset with minx I DIDNT THINK IT WOULD BE UPSETTING)