II / serpendipity

serpendipity

n.  

the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way 

schlatt

//

"jonanthan, you're late."

ah, professor asshole, or as good students would say, professor jacobs. hardly anybody likes him, unless you're one of his favorites. and if it couldn't get any worse, the guy was a narcissist. he's a walking jerk. 

he's got the nickname for a reason.

"sorry, i accidentally ran into someone. dropped all my stuff." he sighed, taking a seat. he never had much interest in his potions class and that certainly wasn't going to change anytime soon.

"as i was saying, today we'll be brewing veritaserum, one of the strongest truth potions that currently exist." the professor spoke, walking over to a long desk covered in papers and glass tubes filled with varieties of different liquids of all different colors. his eyes darted around the desk for a minute, trying to find the right vial. when he finally did, he held up the tube. the liquid inside was a metallic white. "three drops of this and you'll be spewing out the truth like a river." 

this had hooked the interest of many, including schlatt. the idea of being able to get anyone in the world to start telling the truth about anything with just three drops of a small potion not only completely threw out the idea of torture for answers, but invented an entire way of getting whatever you wanted out of a person.  it was an interesting though process to say the least.

"you'll have to be careful though, it's a hard potion to brew. i'd say only a good-" professor jacobs stopped, being interrupted by the class door opening.

"ah, sorry to interrupt." 

it was the same messy haired boy from before. he seemed pretty focused on the potion that was being held for a second before adjusting his posture and readjusting his grip on a rather large stack of papers. 

"wilbur! good to see you. what owes me a visit from you?" 

"professor mcgonagall wanted me to give you these papers, not sure what they're about though." wilbur smiled softly, shuffling over and handing over the papers. "good luck with your veritaserum potion."

"oh, you noticed?" the professor smiled back, taking the papers and skimming over the first page. schlatt watched as the papers where lazily thrown onto the long desk, making a quiet thud. 

wilbur only nodded and walked towards the door. "be careful with that, might accidentally brew some sort of poison" 

-- 

heyo!! i have no clue what to do with this book any suggestions,, 

ALSO i was in the middle of writing this and the asshole professor whos suddenly not an asshole because wilburs a favorite has the same last name as karl and i,. just sat there for like half n hour in complete denial 

have a nice day, be sure to hydrate and do what you like!!!! :]