I / hickory

hickory

n.

a chiefly north american tree of the walnut family that yields useful timber and typically bears edible nuts (YEILDS DEEZ NUTS)

(note: words will be more interesting after this chapter :] i had this pre-written so i just left the word as it was)

schlatt

//

schlatt sped through the hallway, keeping his eyes down. he was late, much more later than he wanted to admit— but it wasn't actually that late, he'd only been 4 minutes late at the moment.

it was only a second later that he bumped into someone, dropping all his notes and books. 

shit

he cursed, dropping to the ground without even bothering to help the other person, who had fallen to the ground because of this, and tried to quickly gather his notes together.

"oh god— i'm so sorry, do you need a hand?" the way stranger the stranger spoke made him pause for a second, their voice was soft, silky almost. he watched as the stranger made his way to feet, extending his hand to help him up.

he looked up to face the boy, taking notes on his appearance. he was tall, with cocoa curls swooping almost perfectly, wore loose robes and was most definitely a gryffindor. he also took a note of how he had his glasses in a hand, and he fiddled with them using his free hand, trying to get them on. his attempt was successful. -ish. schlatt had also noticed that the boy had a messenger bag that looked quite stuffed, which is probably why his stuff wasn't all over the floor.

"i'm fine, thank you." schlatt spoke with a hint of annoyance in his tone. he collected the rest of his items and stood, realizing how tall the stranger actually was. 

"sorry for uh, running into you.." he trailed off, almost asking for schlatt's name, which he caught onto.

"it's schlatt. jonathan schlatt." 

"sorry for running into you, jonathan."