Lu family (2)

Lu Ning slowly stood up along with Fan Jing and made their way to the stage where the Lu family head is. "Happy birthday Mr.Lu." Saying she gave her gift to him whose face expression was a bit silly as he can't scold her and had to maintain a smile.

'This damned girl. What is she playing now.' "Ning'er, what's wrong? Why are you not calling me father?" Lu Ning looked somewhat hesitant but replied. "I'm sorry but I don't remember you. It seems weird calling you 'father' as I can't recognize you."

Lu Ning was filled with glee seeing the hidden rage in her so called father's eyes. 'Hmm...They really think they're smart trying to hide my 'accident'. Well,as I'm here to ruin the party, I can at least complete it. Also I can collect some 'interest'.'

Lu Ning can see the panic starting to brew in their eyes. And now her so called mother is holding her hand asked worriedly. "Ning'er, are you alright? I'm sorry we couldn't visit you as your father and I are very busy these days. It's alright if you don't remember us clearly, you can build new memories with us."

Lu Ning felt her lips about to twitch hearing the words from the old fox. 'seems she won't stop till she potray me in bad light'. Outside,her expression was like troubled and unable to make a decision. Fan Jing also decided to play along with her. "You should have at least called to enquire about Ning'er health."

Whispers broke out in the crowd with just a sentence from him. Lu Mei calmly intervened ignoring the whispering around her. "Mr.Fan,mom and dad really care for my sister. It's just that they're busy and even asked me to call her and look after her." Lu Ning directly ignored her words and spoke to her 'parents'.

"Let's talk about our personal things after the party. Let's first enjoy this event." Lu Ning finished with a bright smile tilting her head slightly. Hearing that Mr and Mrs. Lu heaved a sigh thinking this girl is at least sensible while Lu Mei's trying to control herself not to explode infront of everyone especially her crush.

With the couple promising Lu Ning they would talk to her more, the party continued. "Why don't you take your sister to eat something?" Mr. Lu looked at his favorite daughter and spoke in an indulgent tone. Then he turned to Lu Ning. "Go with your sister. She'll show you around."

Not being able to see that fake smile and concern anymore, she escaped from there with a quick nod. Some of Fan Jing's business partners also came and Fan Jing went to talk with them while Lu Ning and Lu Mei went to the food section. "Sister,are you alright? You look really pale right now."

Hearing that question did nothing to curb her tension but increased it. She's checking the time and her phone over and over anxiously. "Ha..no.. it's nothing. I'm just tired. I'm Sorry sister but I have something to do. You enjoy yourself, I will be back soon." Lu Mei answered stuttering and left quickly.

Finally alone, Lu Ning happily took two sandwiches and sat on an empty table. Eating she glanced at her 'sister' who seemed relaxed all the sudden and checked the account details she sent her sister before and found 50 million credited just now. 'Got some pocket money'.

Then she sent the original video to her and removed it from her devices. First part is over, now for the final show,too bad she has to wait till the party is over. Fan Jing also came back and sat with her. "Done?" Lu Ning nodded with a smile and asked. "Leave?"

He stood up and extended his hand for Lu Ning who placed hers in his as they left. Ofcourse it's only after talking to the hypocritic couple once again. As they exit,they saw their car waiting at the entrance and quickly boarded it.

Lu Ning noticed that Fan Jing's somewhat distracted but didn't bother asking. If he wants to tell her,then he would have already. This action of hers is noticed by Fan Jing who's glad that she didn't ask him as he don't want her to know about that. Yet.

What's now worrying him now is her safety. It's common for people in business world to have competitors and enemies but....his is different. Now that they appear together like this,the rumors are confirmed that they're dating. 'Let them try. If they did..' A cold look filled with blood thirst crossed his eyes for a second before it disappears completely.