At Long manor (2)

And finally she took the last parcel and handed it to her grandfather. He is anticipating which gift she brought for him but after seeing it,he almost dropped it to the floor in shock. "This...i-s.. this is the chess board from the Tang period?"

Lu Ning's positive reply made her grandfather laugh out loud. He hugged the chess board like a child who got their favourite toy. "How did you get it? I tried everything to get it but it failed." Seeing her grandfather's enthusiasm,she answered calmly.

"Oh, it's nothing. My friend has the habit of collecting these type of things. And when I mentioned that you like those, he immediately gave it to me." Her family didn't think much and just nodded thinking she just have good friends.

But if someone heard their thoughts,he will die coughing liters of blood in anger. And that someone is her assistant aka Ives.
(Remember she called him before?)

Flash back:

"Ives, I want your help." He calmed down hearing her serious tone and asked her what happened. "The thing is...my grand father seems to be interested in chess.." Hearing upto that,he can guess her objective.

"Hell no. I'm not giving you that." Yes,Ives is in possession of a chess board used in Tang dynasty. And Lu Ning wanted to gave it to her grandfather. "But you're not using it." Lu Ning slowly answered. "No matter what you say I'm not giving it to you and it's final."

Lu Ning sighed hearing his determined voice but she knew how to crumble that into pieces. "How about I give you a week vacation?" The other side was calm for a second but answered. "Even.. Even then no."

Lu Ning: 15 days

Ives: Th...that

Lu Ning: 20 days

Ives: one month and that's it if you want that chess board.

Lu Ning: alright. I actually planned to give you at least two months but since you are satisfied with one month, we will go by your words. Send me the chess board within two days. Take care, Ives. And come back soon.

Without hearing his reply,she ended the call. And Ives looked at his phone in frustration shouting 'damn it' while punching his pillow continuously.

Back to present:

Seeing that,she really didn't brought any gift for him made his mood dampened. "Where's mine?" Lu Ning shook her head at his brother and not giving him any chance to speak,she continued. "Is there anything special tomorrow?"

Long Jiang seriously thought for a while before shouting excitedly. His mood once again soared. "I know you won't forget about me. I will come to your house on Monday. Let's play that new game together."

What Lu Ning told her brother is her company is releasing a new game tomorrow whose promo was a recent hit. For him, that's the best gift he could wish for. "Oh by the way, I have to go to City L in three weeks."

Since they don't know about her attending Daze academy, when she told them their reactions are quite funny mainly her brother. She just told them that the Dean asked to visit the campus but didn't tell them about her taking 3 courses. They only know that she's studying doctor course.

While they're talking, Lu Ning got a call from Fan Jing who told her he'll be there in 4 minutes. Then she told Grandpa Cui to led him in. "He's coming?" Lu Ning nodded at her brother receiving curious glances from the others.

Before she can reply,her brother beat her to it. "It's her boyfriend,Fan Jing." Her parents reaction was normal compared to her grandparents. Her grandma was like 'you are still young' while her grandfather who knew Fan Jing personally was shocked. He nodded at her saying 'good choice'.