(CH7) WISE SAGE

The time had come, it was the beginning to the grand battle which lead to Natsuki Subaru's name being ingraved into the history of Lugnica! The royal candidate meeting. 

Emilia:- "Subaru are you fine with accompanying us to the meeting?"

Subaru:- "Of course! I will gladly go any and everywhere Emilia-tan takes me!"

Roswaal:- "You seem quite energitic Subaru-kun~"

Subaru and Beako were tagging along with the two, this time with Emilia's permission! Well Subaru used the trade deal and Wilhelm-san's request as an excuse though. Roswaal too supported him, surprisingly. On their way to the meeting place Subaru saw the Priscilla Barielle camp carriage and Subaru remembered his first encounter with her, which he just realized never happened this time.

"Emilia-sama and her followers are entering!"

With this announcement they entered the large hall full of knights and mages along with the other three candidates. The first one to approauch them was Anastasia Hoshin.

Anastasia:- "Are you the boy Julius told me about? Natsuki Subaru was it?"

Subaru:- "A person as great as you remembered my name? I am honoured, but with this I suppose you are interested in my trade deal, Anastasia-sama?"

Anastasia:- "You don't waste time do you?"

Subaru:- "Well, Time Is Money!"

Anastasia was taken a back by the so familiar phrase he used, correct at that! This phrase was used by the legendary merchant Hoshin which was later passed down to his descendants. Though he looked kind of similar to Hoshin in the portrait she had. Black hair, peculiar looks..... Anastasia was analyzing it in her head when Subaru spoke up.

Subaru:- "I belong to the same land as the legendary merchant Hoshin did, JAPAN!"

Another secret which blew the minds of all does who heard it, in other words the whole hall. Even Roswaal couldn't hide his surprised face. Anastasia looked at him and Crusha Karsten stepped up to him.

Crusha:- "It doesn't seem like you are lying. Natsuki Subaru."

Subaru:- "Glad you believe me Crusha-sama, usually people find it difficult to believe so I keep quiet."

Crusha:- "Let me clear a misconception of yours Natsuki Subaru, I know you are saying the truth because of my divine protection of wind, but knowing and believing are two different things, do you have any proof?"

Subaru:- "This might be good enough? This is a phone or as you people call it in your land, a Metia! It has many features like storing a certain point in time or recording conversations, and many more."

Subaru clicked a photo of Flex, who stood near Crusha and showed it to them. Not just that he also had recorded their earlier conversation for a proof.

Anastasia:- "Amazing! So how many of these can I have?"

Subaru:- "Sorry to disappoint you but this metia is one of a kind, proof of belonging to Japan."

Anastasia:- "Boo Boo! Unfortunate indeed. Well you have successfully earned my interest and time, Natsuki Subaru."

Priscilla:- "Isn't he interesting, this boy."

Al:- "........Subaru......."

Wilhelm:- "Subaru-dono, I would like to continue our conversation from last time."

Wilhelm spoke up from behind Crusha. 

Subaru:- "Oh, I would love to but it seems we are out of time. Oh one more thing, we aren't here to exchange pleasantries Crusha-sama, don't believe every word Flex says."