24

please ignore the mistakes. enjoy! and do read the note on the end!

||; look, i’m fair with everyone else but you
now i can’t live a day without you, please..

jeongguk chose to forget what happened. it's not like a really big deal for him, friends sometimes do that, right? so yeah, no big deal. what he worries about the most is that taehyung is back on ignoring him again. would he talk to jeongguk if the younger visit him?

yeah, fuck it. i'll talk to him whether he likes it or not.

and so he directly heads to the music department faculty, finding almost no professors there except, of course, of taehyung who loves to go overtime like usual. for a moment, jeongguk stood on the door just to stare at taehyung. he can tell that the professor has a lot of paperwork to finish, the stack on the table says it all.

a minute has passed, he finally knocked lightly on the door which successfully caught taehyung's attention. jeongguk can see the surprise look on his face, but it quickly fades off and is now replaced with his usual blank look. he goes back to what he's doing once again, ignoring the younger's existence.

this is gonna be hard, aish!

“hey, professor” jeongguk greeted, walking closer to taehyung's table.

without meeting his eyes, taehyung replied.
“what brings you here, mr. jeon?”

jeongguk heave a sigh but he never backs down. so he pulled a one swivel chair nearby and sat not too close beside taehyung. it made the professor raise an eyebrow, but he remains silent, thinking his student would get tired eventually and leave already. too bad though, because jeongguk isn't like that.

“have you had your afternoon snack already?” the younger carefully asked, waiting for a response which he successfully got.

“i don't eat an afternoon snack, i have no time for that“ taehyung responded, voice laced with no interest. i need time for myself, can this kid leave already?

“how about coffee?” jeongguk asked once again. he heard a sigh came out from taehyung's mouth, but he paid no mind.

“i don't drink coffee often”

“then hot choco?”

“i'm in no mood for that today.”

“strawberry cheesecake, maybe?”

“don't have time”

“ice cream? maybe you'll need that”

“i'm fine”

“you don't look like—”

“seriously, mr. jeon. just tell me what brings you here, you don't have to put so much effort into making small talk. tell me what you want, then you can leave“ taehyung's voice holds seriousness and jeongguk clearly heard that.

“why didn't you join us for lunch that day?” there, jeongguk said it. that question keeps on bothering him ever since it happened, thinking maybe he did something wrong that made the professor upset. and if he really did something wrong, then he'll have to apologize to him.

that question seemed to stop taehyung from writing. he tries to find the words to reply but he simply can't. because he, himself, didn't even know what's gotten into him. i don't know.. i don't know either.

“it's nothing.. i just lost my appetite and i don't wanna be rude to your brother so i excused myself” taehyung finished with a shrug, acting like everything isn't a big deal. even though he knew deep down, that it is in fact a big deal for him.