04

please ignore the mistakes. enjoy!

||; you're the sun that rose again in my life
a reincarnation of my childhood dreams..

-

it was saturday morning when taehyung woke up because of his ringing phone. he grumbled under his breath while searching for the device on the nightstand, eyes half-lidded and ready to close again. however, his ringing phone and the person on the line won't allow that to happen.

"hello, good morning. this is kim taehyung speaking" taehyung voiced out, managing not to sound like he's been on a nice sleep and just woke up. he sat upon his bed while waiting for the reply.

"good morning, this is the person from seoul university. we would like to inform you that you can already start your job by monday for one of the music professors resigned already. we are hoping to see you on the said day, mr. kim. you shall proceed first to the director's office for documents checking and after that, you can start teaching your handled class. see you at seoul university! have a nice day!" and then the call ended.

it took taehyung a couple of minutes to finally processed what the person on the line said. music professor.. seoul university.. the blonde-haired boy widen his eyes, lips forming an o shape and he literally started jumping on his bed, excitement and happiness crawling inside him.

finally!

taehyung called the first person that came to his mind, sharing the good news with him first thing in the morning.

____

jeongguk surprisingly woke up earlier than usual, he didn't know why but he thinks that's a good thing so that he can start doing his art homework early. maybe he could paint something on his usual spot too.

he took a quick bath then dressed in his casual clothes. he heads downstairs, finding his hyung in the kitchen cooking breakfast for the both of them.

"oh you're up early" is what his brother said after noticing his presence on the countertop table. the younger only hummed as a reply, sitting comfortably on the seat while waiting for the breakfast to be served.

after jin is done with the cooking, he placed the breakfast on the table- kimchi tofu pork stew, jin's mastered dish.

"i might get home late today. the cafe is doing really well so it's crowded with customers. even at night time" jin mused out, somewhat grateful that his cafe is succeeding just as the days pass by. he sat across the younger, serving some stew on his bowl.

jeongguk can't help but let a smile crept on his face since he can see that his brother is happy. he may be a trouble maker sometimes but his brother is always there to support him. he's always wondering how can jin be so hardworking that even on weekends, he takes shifts in his cafe instead of doing nothing and letting his workers do the job. then he remembers, his brother is doing it for them to live. he admires him, really.

"i think i would be fine here, alone. i have some things to do so yeah" jeongguk replied, then continue eating his breakfast.

"sounds good. keep yourself busy while i'm out okay?" his brother said. he watched him stood up from his seat and placed his bowl on the sink. jin grabbed his things and headed towards the door.

"i'll get going now! make sure to guard the house and call when something came up!" he shouted so that the younger could hear him. he then walked out from the door, making his way to his not-so-classy but still look presentable enough car. he hopped in and started driving to his cafe.

leaving jeongguk on their home, probably the younger enjoying the emptiness and tranquility of their humble adobe.

after a couple of hours sitting and playing games in his comfort zone, jeongguk decided that it's the perfect time to start doing his art homework. though inside him, he isn't considering it as homework. he wants to view it as 'spending his time again on another art piece'. this way, he can work on the art the way he wanted.

jeongguk opened his balcony sliding door, embracing the afternoon breeze that touches his skin. blue and orange gradience on the sky looks pleasing on his eyes. he then placed his wooden easel stand on the balcony, and attached a thick drawing paper on it. the different sketching pencils and a couple of tortillons are on the glass table on his side. the sunset vibe motivates jeongguk more to start his piece. he can feel that his hands are itching to finish the artwork, already excited at the idea coming to his mind. thinking carefully on how he would draw the thing and adds something magical to it that can fascinate those who will look at it.

inhaling deeply then exhaling shakily, jeongguk picked up his desired type of pencil and started stroking on the paper. he let his hands lead the way, eyes focused on the thing he's sketching.

eventually, jeongguk is quite glad that he's sketching the thing the way he wanted. a little smile glimpsed on his lips, it stayed there throughout the process.

another hour passed by, he chose to take a break and stretched his limbs after sitting on the chair for too long. he glances at his almost done art piece, the little smile still present on his face.

he however made his way downstairs to grab his banana milk, then after he went upstairs again to continue his work.

while sipping on his milk, he gradually moves his hand on the paper, slowly and carefully outlining some parts of the sketch. he again is immersed in the piece he's making. after an hour passed, he's finally done.

the sky is turning dark and he failed to notice it while drawing. though he's not bothered at all. what he feels inside him is another satisfaction. another artwork is done and he's really happy with the outcome. the little smile a while ago is replaced by a bunny smile which the younger didn't usually show off. but now that no one is watching and he's really satisfied and glad about what he produced, he can't help but let it out

just like his type of art, whoever sees his sketch will make them think and be confused at the same time. a mysterious art. that's what excites jeongguk.

it was just an eye. the thing he drew is an eye of the human. but what the younger love about it is when you will look at it, it's like the eye is telling you a story. a drawing that holds so much emotion that it will intrigue you and as if persuading you to look at it until you find something that would answer the questions floating on your head.

it's just a simple thing. yet jeongguk made it magical.

//+

; another update after a couple of days! i promise that the story will unfold gradually so stay tuned for it! and maybe, taekook will meet on the next chap? let's see~ stay safe and give votes!

• don't forget to vote and leave a comment!