10

please ignore the mistakes. enjoy!

||; i'm still standing here with my eyes closed
lost between the deserts and oceans
i'm still wandering
where should i go yeah..
-

truth be told, the days at university became hectic because of the upcoming event. students who work hard to present a worthy activity, representing their department. as for teachers and school staff, their schedule is pretty occupied too, wanting the event to be successful by guiding the students and tending to what the school director's want for the upcoming festival.

for taehyung, he never felt that exhausted in his entire life. being the one who is expected to lead their music faculty department just because of what the elder professors said "he is younger so sure he can come up with better ideas". the blonde young professor wanted to protest for having loaded works on his shoulder, but he decided not to and stayed silent to not appear disrespectful. why the fuck teachers are expected to showcase something at the festival too? that's just another hella work for us. taehyung thought, grunting while arranging papers on his desk. one thing he noticed today, he did not saw any beverage on his table.

yeah right. for a couple of days that have passed, his stubborn student always left a drink on his table every morning. taehyung concluded that the jeon kid will eventually get tired so he just let him do what he wants. the young professor thought he is right, because the moment he sat on his chair this morning, he found no drink settled on his desk. he snickered silently while shaking his head. kids nowadays love to play with everything. that kid is probably not different.

interrupting his thoughts, one of his co professors appeared on his side. he faced him and smiled lightly, eyes asking for what he wants.

"we thought of what to showcase for the event. and we think someone should perform something on behalf of our faculty department" the professor stated. taehyung could only nod suggestively, but confusion was written on his face. yeah, i guess that will work but something is off..?

"have you found someone who can represent our department? i think ms. jung can do that" taehyung said. the other only smiled at him then shook his head.

"we found someone capable but not ms. jung. i talked to her about it already and she said she can't because she won't be attending the event because of personal matters. but we figured you could be the substitute because we all know you have a talent"

"yeah i-wait what?! why me? i don't think it would be a good idea, sir" taehyung aggressively shook his head while waving his both hand dismissively in front of him. hell, i won't perform! i can't!!

"but you can sing, taehyung. i think that would be enough as a presentation" the other persisted. seriously? for all i know, i should be the one leading but why does it feels like i have no choice but to agree?!

"look, sir, i can't perform, really. i don't have the confidence and hell, i don't want to disappoint all of you if ever i embarrassed myself on the stage" the young professor said, sighing heavily afterward. he feels conflicted inside him, not knowing if he -kim taehyung- performing, would be a good idea. others would think he's making too much stress on the idea, but taehyung knew better. he can't do it because he knows he's not that good.

"come on, just one performance then it's done. besides, we are really rooting for you mr. kim. we know you can pull that off" the professor convinced him more, patting his shoulder before leaving the young professor having a mild crisis between his brain and himself.

taehyung sighed hopelessly. he remembers that he didn't ate or drink something aside from water this morning so it made his day worst. he decided to start gathering his things for his morning class. a feeling bothering him while heading towards his class. the day is just starting but i badly want to go home already. he shook his head, getting rid of the thoughts running on his mind and focused on students waiting for him.

____

jeongguk woke up to his brother's yelling. he woke up late and probably late for school too, reasonable enough for jin's scolding. last night, he started to work on a canvas that he will add to the art exhibit. let's say, he got engrossed in it once again, hence resulting in sleeping late. that being said, he couldn't manage to get a drink for his professor at his hyung's cafe this morning because the older rushed him to go to school. when he walked to school, the distressing feeling of not getting a drink for the young professor stayed in the pit of his stomach. that settled up to this moment, where he is seated in his eng-lit class and listening to the professor talking in front. maybe i should just get something for him for lunch..

that's what he planned to. so when lunchtime came, he immediately walked out of the class heading to the cafeteria where students begin to pile off. jeongguk got straight on the cashier and ask for a big carton of banana milk to the lady. he patiently waited for the woman to come back, finger's tapping on the tiled cashier counter. he wanders his eyes on the almost packed place, finding his two friends on their usual table who are probably waiting for him to join them. he's thankful though that the two haven't seen him for he decided to bring the drink first on the faculty before joining them.

"here you go" the lady placed the carton of banana milk in front of the younger, which he paid right away. he bowed slightly and left the cafeteria, steps brought him to the teacher's faculty.

he peeks first on the glass window, not finding taehyung on his cubicle. that's great. jeongguk knocked a few times on the door before entering. he bowed to the professors who glanced at him, then march silently on his professor's desk. he placed the banana milk on top and pulled a note from his pocket, sticking it beside the carton of milk. hope he would at least appreciate this. hell, this is my favorite but i chose to give it to him. how lucky... jeongguk smiled slightly then proceed to exit the faculty room.

his long strides brought him back to the cafeteria, this time joining his friends who patiently waited for him.

//+

; hello i'm back! i'm sorry for my shitty writing and many mistakes. i'm seriously having writer's block and i really hateeeee it. also, i've been busying myself on voting for bts on soba awards and the app (choeaedol app: download it to vote for bts, everyone!) is working pretty bad i hate it. anyways, my mental health is um.. i dunno. i'm trying my best to limit myself on using gadgets but it's hard especially during quarantine. and u know the feeling when it's late at night then it's too silent it made you cry suddenly? the feeling i've been feeling these past few days. anxiety is ⭕

ps. thank you for still reading this book even if the updates are infrequent. i promise to improve more💜 also, stay tuned for the story will unfold soon~ i love you all and stay safe everyone!

• don't forget to vote and leave a comment!