19

please ignore the mistakes. enjoy!

||; it’s alright to stop
you don’t need to run without knowing why..

jeongguk was breathless once he arrived in front of narae's room. he knocked two times first before completely opening the door— there he found narae lying on the infirmary bed with a nurse talking to her intently. both girls, however, turned their heads towards the door to look at the intruder which made jeongguk shy a bit.

“i'll let you rest for now but i'll check on you again later, then you are free to go home. the extra medicines will be handed to you later too” narae nods her head in understanding, receiving a bow from the nurse before she completely exits the room.

once the nurse finally left, jeongguk instantly approach his friend, concern laced on his expression.
“what happened to you?” was what the raven haired asked after settling himself on the chair beside the girl's bed.

“nice greeting, jeon” narae voiced out with a hint of amusement. she watched as the boy furrowed his eyebrows on seriousness, waiting for her to answer his questions. narae chuckled at that.

“fine.. i fainted on our class a while ago. maybe because i haven't had a proper lunch since yesterday or because of lack of sleep. the nurse said that yeah, from fatigue and something about not eating properly. so she gave me medicines and.. that's all” narae stated.

jeongguk finally released a sigh of relief, “i thought it's something serious. now you learned your lesson, don't skip meals from now on and if you want you can join us on lunch. my friends won't mind, i'm sure.”

to this, the girl can't resist the teasing smile peeking on her lips, “aw~ why so concerned kookie? i'm completely fine so you don't have to worry too much.”

jeongguk playfully scoffed at her, “is it bad to feel concern towards your friend? c'mon, if i didn't heard those girls on cafeteria talking about you, i wouldn't have known your condition. next time, you better look out to yourself properly.”

narae felt the familiar warmth crawled inside her. she can't help but to muster a sweet smile on her lips. that feeling, the same warmth she would experience whenever the raven haired would talk or laugh with her. aish, this guy! being perfect should be illegal, he should be imprisoned for that!

“noted mom. but i promise, i'm good now. you should get back to your classes so you won't miss them” the girl offered a grateful smile. jeongguk only shook his head, slowly, a grin started to appear on his face.

“not attending my classes would be fine, they are used to my behaviour by now. plus, i can't just leave you here, can i? we both know you're a loner so you must need a friend with you. a very good friend and that, everyone, is me.” jeongguk did a playful bow then waving hands as if there are audiences watching him. narae laughed at his silliness, resulting to jeongguk to smile fondly at her. at least i know that she's okay now..

“yah, can you stop with your dumb acts. i'm serious, not attending those classes would put a bad mark on your student's behaviour..” the girl explained. for a moment, jeongguk set aside his goofy acts and send narae his reassuring smile.

“i'm serious too. let me stay with you for now then tomorrow, i promise not to ditch any class”

narae rolled her eyes at him, huffing as she muttered a 'fine' under her breath.

jeongguk chuckled at her reaction. in return, he flashed hilarious face reactions at her which never failed to make the girl laugh. then there, they started to goof around again, talking and laughing at the funny stories each of them shared. it brings warmth on both of ther hearts, just hearing the other's happy laughter and seeing content smiles. this is what they wish they could always feel. no tears and negative feelings, just happiness. but both of them know that's not how life always works, sadly. they continue to enjoy each other's company until the same nurse a while ago entered the room to take a last check on narae.