27

please ignore the mistakes. enjoy!

||; the meaning of the tears reflected in the mirror, the colors are hidden in my smile, blue and grey..

“5 minutes late” is what jeongguk said upon seeing the professor entering the said cafe. taehyung only rolled his eyes, placed his satchel bag across jeongguk's chair, and heads directly to the counter to order a snack.

he came back holding a tray; two glasses of smoothies and two slices of mocha cake. he placed them on the table all the while feeling the stare of the younger. he met the said stare once he's fully sat across him.

“got something on my face?” taehyung raised an eyebrow at jeongguk, expectantly waiting for his retort.

he received a big grin from his student, “just beauty, professor”. and maybe he shouldn't really expect something from him, knowing he'll only get a playful response.

“stop staring and just eat.”

“you don't have to treat me, taehyung. i have my money and really, i get to wait for you here and that's enough for me”

taehyung paused his movements and looks directly at the younger, “can you please shut your pretty mouth and let's just eat? i'm actually starving here and if you don't want your food, i could eat that. try me, jeongguk”

jeongguk was stunned for a moment before he let out a chuckle, finding taehyung's glare so endearing.
“fine fine, eat up tiger. we don't want you starving, do we?”

“yeah so kindly shut up for a moment”

and so jeongguk did. but from time to time, he would watch the older eat and just plainly admire his bulging face because of food. he finds it so adorable that suddenly, taehyung looks young eating like that. no composed figure, even hunching his back as he dig and dig on his food. he seems like he's enjoying his time.

“you look like you haven't eaten for weeks. did you have your lunch?” jeongguk decided to break the silence.

taehyung, still busy chewing the food inside his mouth, shook his head. he gulped down the rest of his food before giving the younger a proper reply.
“didn't get a chance to. now that you mentioned it, i kinda want to have jjajangmyeon with mandu on the side right now” the professor sighed, but continue to shove a spoon of cake in his mouth.

“do you have any place in mind? i'll go with you” jeongguk said.

“are you sure? you should tell seokjin-ssi first that you will be going home late, then” the older said, brows furrowed.

jeongguk shrugged, “i'm sure he won't mind”

“oh, okay. i know a place but should we take my car or just walk? it's actually near from here” the last piece of cake goes to taehyung's mouth, but by the looks of him, jeongguk is sure the cake wasn't enough to satisfy the older.

“walking sounds good. if the weather is nice” jeongguk finished his plate too and now, both are on their feet heading out of the place.

taehyung tilted his face upwards once outside, observing the afternoon sky from where he stands. jeongguk does the same, copying the older without really knowing what's going on.

“won't it rain? what do you think?”

ah, so that's why we're looking up..

“the sky is gloomy, let's just take your car to be sure”

the professor seems to think more before shaking his head, clutching his satchel bag as he starts walking.
“no, we'll walk. i have a feeling it won't rain”