17

please ignore the mistakes. enjoy!

||; cause i'm in the stars tonight
so watch me bring the fire and set the night alight..

within those two weeks, jeongguk never missed to study once he got home. he focused himself on studying, plus, he haven't had a talk with his two bestfriends so he doesn't really have things to do aside from reading and reading and understanding the maths equation and music history (he did study for other subjects too, but he really focused on those two subs). maybe he did hangout with narae for some time but he managed not to get distracted.

that particular exam day that's dreaded mostly by all the students, eventually came. jeongguk doesn't know what to feel while walking to his classroom where their homeroom professor would give their exam sheets. and their homeroom professor, fortunately, happened to be the one and only, kim taehyung aka professor hottie. anyways back to his situation, he doesn't know what to feel. like, should he be nervous? excited? excited, really gguk? as if you're going to score A+ on two subjects! but freak, i have to ace it!

with a silent frustrated groan, he entered the classroom then took a seat without minding the stares he got from the other students inside. jeongguk opened his bag and pulled out the maths book, before settling the bag under his table. whispers started to erupt on the room.

“he's taking the exam seriously, i'm curious if he'll ace it!”
“look, he's actually studying!”
“30 bucks, i bet he won't ace the two subjects”

jeongguk sneered silently after hearing the last statement. it came from the front but he still managed to hear it. well, they aren't really silent so he bet others heard it too. this arsehole, i'll slap him the exam sheets if ever i passed it. he'll see.

ten more minutes have passed, before their professor entered the room.

“good morning” professor taehyung greeted, both of his arms holding bunch of exam sheets. he receive the same greeting from the students which he nodded at as acknowledgement. feeling somewhat a lingering stare from the class, he looked up from stacking the papers on the table, and found none other than jeongguk staring at him with unreadable expression.

taehyung quickly depart his eyes from the intense staring.
“today, as you know, is the first day of your examination. you'll take music test first, then you'll proceed to take your other exams on your other classes. goodluck with your tests and i do hope all of you will do your best” taehyung ended with a kind smile on his face, before handing out the sheets to each students.

all of them seems nervous for the exam, so he made sure to say 'fighting!' on each of them as to cheer them up.

“fighting!” though hesitant, taehyung still mumbled a silent encouragement to jeongguk upon reaching his table.

“remember our deal prof hottie.. i guess i'll just see you on persona cafe!” with a cheeky yet subtle smug grin on his face, jeongguk said. it made the professor quirked an eyebrow at him.

“music and maths, mr. jeon. ace two subjects then you'll get to take me out for coffee, though i personally doubt you will make it” taehyung shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly, instantly wiping off the grin on his students' lips.

“yah, what's the use of saying 'fighting' if you have doubt on me in the first place..” jeongguk mumbled to himself, a frown resting on his previous cheery face. taehyung saw the pout peeking on the students' lips which he grinned at, before he continue distributing the exam sheets.

and the examination begins. taehyung just silently sit on the front, eyeing every student to make sure all of them are answering and none of them will cheat. unknowingly to him, his gaze started to settle on jeongguk, the arrogant student.

professor taehyung watched the younger silently, noticing his serious expression while reading the contexts of the test. jeongguk's perfectly shaped eyebrows are furrow, thin pink lips tucked on his front teeth due to thinking and fingers tapping the pencil repeatedly on the wooden desk. freak.. kids nowadays are really attractive. too bad his personality is opposite. taehyung thought to himself. after a moment of pure silence in his head, he realized something which kinda crept him out.

did i just admit that jeon kid is attractive...?

____

examinations are really tiring, that explains how jeongguk complained his day to his new found friend, jung narae.

“.. i'm not sure with most of my answers, but i swear i tried hard to study for the tests!” jeongguk almost whined at the girl while remembering his exams awhile ago. it bothers him alot, knowing that he's not sure with his answers which will only result to his possible failure.

the girl chuckled at his outburst.
“if you know that you really study for it, i think it's enough reason to be confident with your answers. it won't hurt to trust yourself sometimes, kookie” said by narae with a grin but jeongguk just pout as a response.

both students are now heading home and jeongguk being the good friend that he is, insisted to walk narae to her home. the girl shyly agreed to him, a blush adoring her pretty face. jeongguk insisted, so who is she to deny it?

“yah, stop pouting. i told—”

“jeongguk.”

the two of them halted on their movements upon seeing a person blocking their way. jeongguk, startled, looks at hoseok with unreadable expression.

“hobi..” the younger mumbled, eyeing his bestfriend who looks like on the verge of crying. jeongguk suddenly feel shitty inside. oh fuck.. i fucked up.

“stop being an asshole. you will sit on our table tomorrow during lunch and i don't want to hear more excuses or else, you'll lose your two bestfriends.” with that, hoseok stormed away with his fist clenched tightly on his side. from afar, jeongguk caught a glimpse of jimin, fidgety waiting for hoseok.

he watched as his two bestfriends walked away, away from the school grounds, away from the crowd, away from him. for real.. i fucked up.

“hey.. it'll be alright. for now, let's just go home..” narae, who offered a sympathetic smile, gently said beside jeongguk, stopping the younger from his train of thoughts. he nodded slowly then there, they continue walking home. narae with so many questions on her head, and jeongguk still without himself. yet, both chose to stay silent throughout their walk.

//+

; a short chapter.. i mean all the prev chapters were short but yeah this is shorter? u get that? :D anyways,  sorry for the lame update i'll make it up to u on the next one. and i've decided to check the other chapters and wow, i realized that i need to do a lot of editing. it srsly frustrates me seeing those mistakes so yes, i'll do the editing mfs. pray for my lazy bum. + my head freaking hurts these past few days, no joke. i thought im gonna die but oh well, still alive and breathing ye?

ps. hope all of u had a great day! good morning, good noon, good night! stay safe and please remember to always love yourself!💜 next update is.. idk let's see.

• don't forget to vote and leave a comment!