01

please ignore the mistakes. enjoy!

||; when the minute and second hands overlap,
the world holds its breath for a little while..

_

another dreadful and boring day. this is what jeon jeongguk always thinks every time he would attend the university. like the other careless teenagers, jeongguk also wants to have a 'little bit of spice' in his college life. by achieving it, therefore he would sometimes ditch his classes which ended with him in a detention class, other times he would mock his teachers, wouldn't mind doing his homework or projects, and the best for him? doing nothing but painting.

“music can be also compared to an escape. sometimes, artists or producers make music for them to run away temporarily from their cruel life. meanwhile, people listen to music to somehow reduce their stress— i believe you students usually do that. and sometimes, we tend to produce music to express what we feel, what's inside our head and heart, what we wanted to say without letting it out directly...” their music slash homeroom professor, mr. song voiced out to the class. his words are coated with a dedication to what he's doing.

other students are interested, ears focused on what the old man is saying—eyes shining on how the professor describes the music as a magical one, some students are sleeping— drools forming on the side of their mouth, while the majority of them don't give care—one of them is jeongguk.

he preferred looking at the window where he can see the open field. his gaze focused on the birds flying in the sky, on trees dancing because of the wind, and on students scattered on the field that looks like an ant from his vision.

it would be fun to play video games or paint at this particular time. jeongguk thought.

“i hope you understood what i said. anyone from this class can be a producer, artist, or singer in the future. and i want you guys to know that music shouldn't be hard for you while you're working on it. because if that's the case, then the essence of music isn't on your heart. you should be free like a bird while doing or singing it, you should feel like you and music is one, that's how it works” mr. song softly smiled after his statement though some of his students don't give a damn, he really doesn't mind. for him, learning anything about music should not be forced on those who are not interested. meanwhile, other students nodded eagerly, probably inspired by what the professor said.

“that would be all for today and i do hope you learned something. dismiss” he said and finally left the class.

students started to pack their things while whispering occasionally to one another, majority of them is heading to the cafeteria for lunch while others will deal with their business.

jeongguk sighed, finally the music class ended is what on his mind. he picked up his bag then hanged it on his shoulder. he left the room, his steps brought him to the cafeteria where he can see his friends on the corner table, chattering.

“JEON!” his friend—who he noted as the sunshine and energetic hoe—hoseok called out, gaining the attention of not just the younger but also the other students near their table. snickers and snorts can be heard from them, thinking how can the man be so loud every day. jeongguk just shrugged, making his way towards his friends.

he flopped down beside the pink-haired guy, jimin. he however noted this guy as the sweet and clingy one, but not really that innocent though.

“how was your class?” jimin questioned out, giving the younger the food he already ordered for him. jeongguk muttered thanks, not surprised that the older ordered again a portion of food for him. one time, he asked jimin what's the matter and why he's treating him a meal always. he remembered the older smiled and said “it's because you are the younger among us and a baby like you should be taken care of”. he just shrugged it off and didn't mind it from then.

“the usual. boring and no fun” he replied, making the two older chuckled at his attitude.

“i shouldn't have asked, i know that would be your answer” jimin laughed out, eyes squinted that made him look cuter. the younger smiled a little then started to devour his food. while hoseok side-eyed the pink-haired boy briefly, a light rosy blush appeared on his cheeks. he became silent which isn't his personality in the first place, but jeongguk didn't think much of it.

____

“oh, good thing you're home already. i have to head to the cafe 'cause i'm needed there. you stay home and rest” is what his brother, seokjin is the name and jin for short, said before leaving him alone in their house.

you see, jeongguk left his hometown, busan, and followed his brother on seoul to take college at seoul university. his parents were left on busan doing their business but still don't forget to support their sons. while his brother, half brother to be exact, build his cafe with his savings. the older don't want to depend on their parents so much for he thinks he's too old to do so. the cafe also helps seokjin to pay for jeongguk's university expenses. though they are half brothers, they treat each other like real bros. and jeongguk is not ashamed to admit that he's really grateful to have jin as his brother.

jeongguk walked upstairs, entering his comfort zone—his room. it can be identified as a teenager's room easily. consisting of gray and white walls, unusual made bed, paintings on the wall—take note of his own artworks, clothes messily scattered on the carpeted floor, a computer on the corner and another one for gaming purposes. there is a walk-in closet and a bathroom. also, a balcony where he usually stays whenever he's painting something.

he placed his bag on the floor and headed inside the bathroom to take a quick bath. he relaxed and enjoyed himself under the shower, taking his time. once done, he dried his hair with the towel while picking his comfortable clothes. comfortable clothes for him consisting of a white t-shirt and sweatpants.

he sat on his bed after dressing up, lay down, and stared at his ceiling. however, sleep slowly crawling on his system. he didn't mind though, and let himself engulfed by it. not really thinking if he has homework to do.

// +

; i unpublished 12:51 AM for i think i need to improve it more. anyways, here's the first chap and i hope you liked it!

• don't forget to vote and leave a comment!