Year 6 - 138

"Oh. My. Merlin."

Daphne Greengrass rushed into the Slytherin girls' dorm with a loud boom of the door smacking against the wall. All the girls but Daphne jumped from the suddenness of the sound as the latter moved forward with determined steps.

"You will not believe what I just heard!"

"You sure?" Rosier raised an eyebrow and Tracey cackled in the bed below hers.

Daphne ignored the girl and went on telling with her eyes wide as the others watched the girl carefully. "Katie Bell has been sent to St. Mungos."

Tracey raised her brows intrigued and Pansy sat up from where she had been lazily laying over her bed. "What for?"

"I don't know," Daphne continued, her eyes wide. "Some say she was poisoned. Though I can't be sure of the truth of that because I also heard she was bitten by our old professor turned werewolf."

Pansy laughed and called a joke regarding their professor but Astrid didn't hear it anymore. Her brain was struck on a single string of words. She was poisoned. Astrid could already hear her heart beating in her head. Posioned.

"Could she have by any means visited Dumbledore lately?" Astrid asked the room, though her eyes were trained on Rosier. The girl merely furrowed her brows in response, either not knowing the answer or not understanding why it was of any importance.

Daphne gasped. "You think Dumbledore did this?!"

Pansy laughed nervously. "If there was anyone going about poisoning people, it would be You-Know-Who."

Astrid's hands trembled where her fingers had wrapped around the sheets of her bed.

Tracey frowned unimpressed. "Why would You-Know-Who attack Katie Bell of all people?"

The only person still watching Astrid carefully was Rosier and it was giving her severe anxiety.

"Oh," Milllicent gasped too, leaning back against the small sink by which she had been standing, "maybe she is the daughter?"

"A Gryffindor?" Tracey was forever sceptical, "and he wanted to kill her?"

"How do we know the intent was to kill?" Pansy crossed her arms. "For all we know he inculated her with some superpowers."

"We don't even know if she was poisoned!" Astrid exclaimed a little too loudly. The girls all exchanged odd looks before Pansy shrugged.

"Naah, I think she was." They all laughed at the bluntness of such statement and all the more Astrid felt like sinking back into her bed to disappear forever.

She was poisoned... Posioned! Who could've poisoned her if not Astrid? Dumbeldore would know it was her doing. Everyone would know. Astrid Ninomae would go to Azkaban. Then she'd probably be broken out just to watch her dad get tortured to death. Astrid Ninomae was screwed.

The tip of her nose itched and Astrid very well understood she wouldn't be able to hold herself together. She coughed abruptly and turned to climb out of her bed. Something awful was pressing at her head and chest and it suddenly felt way too stuffy in the room. There was no air in the room. Even if there would be, she wouldn't have been able to draw any.

She felt like an asthmatic during pollen season and coughed out a laugh at the thought of it, only to quickly fall back into her state of panic. Gripping at the sides of her skirt she glanced back at the muddled expressions of her roommates and managed a pained smile. Though no matter how hard she tried, no excuse came to her. Astrid just stood and stared, pretending she wasn't slowly suffocating. Unable to bear nor the atmosphere, nor any of her roommates, she whipped around without another word and rushed outside of the room, the last things he heard being a bewildered "What's wrong with her?"