Year 6 - 140

Astrid tried to speak the second the charm had been lifted off of her and the moment her feet made contact with the ground again. The dark oak door clicked behind her back but before she could utter a sound, all wind was knocked out of her as a hand enclosed around her neck pushing her back and pressing her against the closed door.

The girl had gasped and tried to conceal her surprise with a small chuckle, though her breath had hitched again once he pressed his fingers harder against her skin. She was glad she had once taught him how to choke her or else he would've actually strangled her, holding her like that.

"You think now that the Dark Lord's your father you can go around and do whatever you want? You think THAT gives you any power over anybody?"

Astrid opened her mouth to say 'yes' though she didn't manage as the lad moved to cup her cheeks, pushing her chin up higher. 

"You're nothing but a little naïve bitch. The Lord would dispose of you the first chance he got."

Astrid wanted to say he was wrong. She wanted to laugh in his face and tell him he didn't know anything - that he had no idea of the task she had been assigned by The Lord himself. She had loads to tell him but the words kept rolling out of his mouth so quickly she didn't manage anything at all.

"He would dispose of you just the same as any sane person would."

Her heart shouldn't have stung but it did. She understood what it was he was implying.

"You're useless Ninomae. You're not good at anything and never will be. Crazy. Stupid. Pathetic." Each word felt like a hard slap in her face. "You call me weak but look at yourself." Malfoy took no time to pause or pout like she always did to add effect. His words dug just as deep without any frivolities. "Me ending things with you is all it takes for you to break apart completely. To lose your bloody sanity. Attacking your friends... Why? That's because you never could stand a simple rejection. You're so easy to break. Like a porcelain doll. A puppet - bendable at the will of anyone. Lacking any control whatsoever. So sensitive, so weak, so-"

Astrid interrupted the boy by landing a hard slap over his cheek - delivering the strongest blow she could possibly manage, leaving a visible red mark. The tip of her nose itched annoyingly as she watched the boy stumble a few steps back a little surprised, his pale flesh burning. Malfoy's grip on her neck and cheeks loosened and she finally managed a line of words of her own.

She couldn't figure if they sounded so strained because of the lump in her neck or because of the fact she had been under the silencing charm earlier. "SCREW YOU!" An exclamation so loud it must've been heard even all the way down in the common room.

Malfoy moved back, his hand falling from her and falling by his side, balled up in a fist. His jaw clenched, it was evident it was taking all in him not to hex her across the room.  The wands laid over the bottom bunk of one of the beds and Astrid couldn't figure if she was only imagining Malfoy inching closer to them. 

She laughed, the manic sound echoing off the walls of the dark room. 

"Come on," she pushed off the door, taking brave steps forward and staring the lad down. "Hit me back." Astrid raised her fist in the air, glancing down at his balled at his sides, and imitated a punch. Her eyes flashed dangerously as she lowered her voice in an almost seductive whisper. "I want to feel something real."

It wasn't so much anger that she saw in his eyes anymore, but rather despair. Despair at that he could not recognise the girl stood in front of him. One he quickly hid by rage again, glaring.

"Oh, come on," she continued and tried walking in a circle around him to mock him. "Are you scared to fight a girl?" but he didn't let her pass him. He never let her come near the wands. Noticing that she smiled and then purred, faking sympathy. "Scared to lose, Malfoy?"