Summer 1997 - 170

Sitting diplomatically in an angled armchair in front of Lucius Malfoy was something Astrid Ninomae never thought she would do. 

Expensive, same as everything else in that house, the sitting room held two emerald coloured armchairs, located in front of the fireplace, and then a large space behind them. Tall windows would've allowed sunbeams in had it been daytime. They would've illuminated the earthy colours of the ancient books put on display at the further end of the room. Now the main source of light was the grand chandelier hanging right over the coffee table and the large couch on which Narcissa usually held her tea drinking sessions.

One leg had been crossed over the other and as she swung it the tiniest of bits, the heel of the shoe that had slid off her foot swung with it too. She had leaned back, her hand open at her sides, and she overlooked the man with an air of utter ease.

It was late evening and they had just eaten dinner when Astrid had decided she shall finally approach the man. The girl had already taken her sweet time annoying him just so nothing would look out of normal before she went in with the big guns to get what she actually needed.

"I would not have done it this way, but Narcissa has told-" Astrid began though quickly she got cut off.

"You call her Mrs Malfoy, Kali!"

Astrid smiled. "No, Lucy, you misheard me, I called her Narcissa."

Lucius paused to simply glare at her. His long white hair had been gathered back in a low ponytail, revealing the structure of his face and allowing easily to see the way his jaw had clenched. The look he gave her was so similar to the one his son had once so often done, she couldn't help but be all the more amused by it. The two were carbon copies of one another and Astrid wondered if Draco would look any similar to his father in the future. The same she wondered if she would live to witness it.

With the look he gave her, it felt certain she wouldn't...

"But don't worry," Astrid continued and Lucius grabbed the papers that stood on the table between them to try and ignore her altogether. "Your mishap is no big deal. I need a favour and your darling wife has forced me to practice my politeness on you."

The man didn't respond. He just glared at the parchment.

Her original plan had been to partially suck up to him, inflate his ego to the point he would not be able to see past it to notice the way she had tricked him. Now though, seeing his arrogance, a different plan arouse.

Mirroring his annoyance and indifference, she spoke.

"Okay look I don't want to be here either so we could just have this over with quickly. I asked Narcissa and she said you'd give them to me but the Dark Lord needs to meet me and since I've not got my wand, my only means by travel are with the Floo System." she paused and made an annoyed half-smile when Lucius looked up at her. "So could I please be allowed some powder? I would not want to disappoint the Dark Lord. You yourself are aware of what could be the consequences of that..."

Lucius gave her another long look before he huffed somewhat amused and looked back down at his papers with a shake of his head.

"Please?"

Lucius folded his papers, exhaling an angry breath and turned to face her fully again.

"Where to are you heading?"

A glint of hope lit inside Astrid. She tried her best not to smile.

"He's provided me with an address, through infiltrating my mind. But I cannot disclose it."

"Tell me and I'll take you there. No need to waste any Floo Powder."

"The Dark Lord does not wish to see you and-"