Year 6 - 148

Small snowflakes pelted to the ground. They fell and melted the very moment they made contact with it, leaving nothing but a mass of mud where had once been green grass. Even if a few green buds were still there, the majority of them had shrivelled over the heat of the summer, now stained by the continuously bad weather.

Astrid wore the first colourful clothing she had worn in a long while - a brownish mint green jumper. Heat accumulated under it as she danced, appearing in the tiniest beads of sweat over her pale skin, yet she couldn't take the jumper off to cool down. As long as she bore the Mark, Astrid would never be able to fully cool down.

Classes had ended and her little yellow radio played a faint tune through the hallway the Slytherin girls were gathered in. Pansy was in front of Astrid, her hands behind her back as they shimmied back and forth for a moment before breaking out in a tiny fit of laughter to then turn around and move along the music by themselves.

Tracey and Daphne sat on the windowsill. Small smiles spread across their features, they watched a group of Ravenclaws passing them. First, the lads' eyes locked onto the two unbothered dancing figures, furrowing their brows somewhere between amusement and disagreement, before they locked onto the two pretty Slytherin girls, batting their eyelashes at them. Daphne whispered something in Tracey's ear and the latter frowned with a laugh, snorted under her breath and then smiled at the lads again, clearly fighting her urge to burst out laughing. The Ravenclaws saw the smiles and chuckled themselves too, nudging one another and glancing backwards and at the girls until they had disappeared around the corner.

Millicent, Pansy and Rosier all exchanged a glance and the two first snickered to themselves at the actions of their friends; Rosier simply shook her head. Astrid was the only one who hadn't at all noticed; blinded by the tiny rush of serotonin, she didn't want to think about anything else. 

"I love men," Daphne breathed with a sigh as she fell back against the window, her back slumping the moment nobody but her girlfriends could see her. She turned her head to the side. "Rosier, you're missing out."

At that Astrid turned around to face them, smirking at Rosier who looked just as disappointed as she usually did these days.

"I don't hate men," the ebony girl huffed, "that'd be sexist and unfortunately I'm straight." She shifted on her spot on the ground and turned to glare off into the distance. "It's just that everyone in this school is absolutely childish and ridiculous."

Tracey nudged Rosier shoulder with her foot. "What about Georgy, huh?"

Astrid pinched her brows together. What Georgy?

Rosier narrowed her eyes. "Is he in this school right now?"

"Oh my Gosh!" Pansy and Mills exclaimed at the same time.

This was the first time Millicent had properly looked up from the schoolwork she had been completing sat next to Rosier. Some Mediwitch coursework or homework or something... The only thing Astrid knew for sure was that it was hard, Mills hated it and she was struggling. "Rosier, do you have a crush on a Weasley?"

Tracey sneered, Astrid smirked and Daphne laughed loudly at the thought. To the rich-seeking blonde, it was the most ridiculous notion one could ever have.

"Oh," Pansy gasped. "Oh, imagine black red-haired babies..."

Rosier reverted her glare at the still swaying girl and, watching her, Astrid knew that, wasn't the girl black, they'd all have seen Rosier blush.

"No."

And that had been all it took for all of the girls (except Rosier, of course) to fall into a collective fit of laughter. Rosier kept her glare trained, looking from one to the other, trying her best to look unbothered, but her flustered state was all too evident in the way she kept anxiously stroking over her knee.