Year 6 - 143

Right after class, walking down one of the dungeon corridor's alone, Astrid was yanked suddenly into a side classroom. She had expected it to be Malfoy, for he had been walking not far behind her. She had already turned to yell at the lad when she was met with the big brown eyes of John Hewitt.

His wand against her neck, he held her against the now closed door of an empty classroom, eyes narrowed suspiciously. Though Astrid had to admit with eyes as big as his it was hard for the lad to look in any way threatening.

"Okay..." Astrid laughed, her eyes flicking from staring straight at him to seeing the classroom they found themselves in. It was a rectangular room with three windows, all open and easily letting the warm September sun through. Obviously, this lad had never tried threatening anyone before.

"You poisoned somebody," he declared suddenly and Astrid widened her eyes.

"What?"

"And you attacked Susan."

Astrid knew it would be inappropriate but she couldn't help the snort that escaped her. "Yes, you were there. I know."

"And Malfoy's in on you with all of it."

"What?" she laughed again, pretending to consider the lad to be absolutely out of his mind. "Are you some Potter wannabe? Accusing me of absurd shit."

"Caedis doesn't have many uses, Ninomae."

Astrid paused, taking in her situation and surroundings once more. She had her wand right by her hand and she would be able to easily fight him off. Though something inside her was telling her Mills wouldn't appreciate it. Not that anyone appreciated her at the moment but Astrid didn't want to ruin her situation even more.

So bullshitting it is...

"Well, get this, Hufflepuff, rat me out using the plant and I'll tell Dumbledore of your weed project."

John frowned, the wand falling from Astrid's neck momentarily before he put it right back up. "I don't have a weed project."

"Argh-" Astrid groaned, hearing the sincerity in his voice, "well, it was worth a try."

Again John stared at her almost as if dumbfounded. The lad couldn't quite figure what to do.

"You're bad," he blurted finally, having endured a moment of silence.

Astrid laughed again, nodding. "The baddest."

John remained silent for a moment again, before he dropped his wand back to his side and stepped backwards. "Why are you not attacking me?"

This was probably the most fun Astrid had had in a while. She snickered again. "Should I be concerned you brought me here thinking I'd attack you?"

"Do you take anything seriously?"

"No."

John sighed, watching her, scrutinizing her every expression and trying to see the same girl he had seen a few days back - insane. But there was none of that now. If anything she just looked tired. Astrid was smiling, indicating her clear amusement, but the way her eyes had drooped it was clear she was also very very tired.

"Are you okay?"

The question took the girl completely by surprise. Her smile faltering for a second before she beamed again. "Aren't you a good Hufflepuff?" she sneered. "I'm fine, thank you."

"No, just a decent person. Unlike you."

Astrid blinked, the smile falling off her face and turning into a frown of annoyance. "Why am I here, mate? What was your intention pulling me in here? Want to bring me down? I can do that well enough by myself thanks." She laughed the last sentence off again. "Besides you cannot prove I've done anything except beat up cheetopuff anyway."