Chapter 38

Im sorry for skipping the update yesterday. I went over to some friends and when I wanted to go home I met some other friend on the way. I was already smashed when I came back from friend 1 but then 2 had vodka (straight or gay, idk) so I stayed there for a while as well. I was too fucking drunk to even write my own name so a chapter would have ended horribly xd

If it all makes you happy, karma is repaying me with a hangover xd

enjoy the chappie my loves xoxo

Waking up in Louis' arms, being the little spoon, will be forever Harry's favourite thing in life. Harry is almost on top of Louis, squeezed on the couch. Harry doesn't mind. The close he is to his fiancé, the better.

His fiancé

He looks at their fingers that are intertwined, a sparkling diamond taking all the attention. Harry's heart flutters when he thinks about Louis' speech and the boy putting the ring on his finger.

This ring is a promise that we are going to make it.

It gives Harry so much hope. His biggest fear is losing Louis again. He Is so scared of the people around them that try to tear them apart.

Harry let's go of Louis' hand and kisses his ring.

"They can't tear us apart." He whispers, his lips touching the silver metal.

"They can't."

Harry's eyes go wide when he hears Louis' raspy morning voice.

"You're awake?" Harry turns around so he can face Louis.

"Mm, I am. Good morning, baby." Louis puts his finger under Harry's chin so he can kiss the pair of plumb lips, giving them a soft peck.

"Best morning. It's my first one as your fiancé."

And Louis can't stop the butterflies that attack his whole damn body when those words escape Harry's lips, his eyes shining like green diamonds and his smile brighter than the sun.

"That it is. Can't wait for it to be the first one as my husband."

And after all those years Louis still has the ability to make Harry blush like a shy teenage girl. He hides his face in Louis' bare chest and the older boy grabs the opportunity to play with Harry's curls, looking down lovingly at the boy he is going to marry.

"When did you buy the ring, Lou? Was it when you head to go from the tablet of terror?" Harry asks, being curious about when his beautiful fiancé had the time to buy this.

"One and a half year ago." Louis mumbles, not making eye contact with the boy he loves.

"Is it... Is it the ring you bought for me? Is it the same one as..."

Harry doesn't know how to finish the sentence when he sees Louis nods. He can't believe Louis kept the ring after he fucked up so badly.

"Why, my love? Not that I'm happy. God I'm so fucking happy but... I messed up. I... I hurt you so much with my stupid actions yet you still have the ring..." Harry's voice is cracking from the tears he is fighting.

"I never stopped loving you, H." Louis whispers. "As much as I wanted to, I couldn't stop loving you. I have always been head over heels. I couldn't get it over my heart to throw it away. It would mean that I threw away us as well. I couldn't throw us away, Harry. I still had hope that one day you might regret what happened and my prayers have been heard because here you are now, lying in my arms with that ring around your finger. This is what I've always wanted for us.

I'm not letting you go now that I know how beautiful you are with that ring, Harry, how amazing the thought is that you want to marry me too. I'm going to do everything that you will never stop wanting to marry me. And if you would ever run away from me again, I wouldn't repeat the mistake I made. I would chase you, around the whole fucking globe if I had to."

"I'm not going to be that stupid anymore." Harry says confidently. "I'm not making the same mistakes twice. I love you, Louis. Marrying you means I'll be home forever. I can't wait."

"Yeah, baby." Louis smiles into Harry's curls, his hand still going through them. "Home. I missed home so much. But you're here now and you're here to stay. We're good. We're going to marry the shit out of each other."

Harry giggles and nods.

"Yeah, we are. I'm just... you brought the ring even though you didn't know I was going to be here?" Harry questions.

"I didn't." Louis admits. "It's one of the reasons why I made El come here. She had to bring it."

And normally Harry would freak out about the fact that Louis made Eleanor come here, that he wanted her here, but how could he do that if he is the one wearing Louis' ring around his finger? Louis has proven so many times that he chooses Harry and not Eleanor that the younger boy is slowly getting over it.

He did notice though that the ring is one of the reasons.

"What's the other reason?" Harry asks, his fingers going over Louis' bare chest.

"It's about something that I'm planning together with Niall." Louis admits. "I was with Niall that one that I had to leave from the tablet of terror. But it's okay, H. You don't have to worry about it. Everything will be alright." Louis coos, kissing his boyfriend's forehead.

"Something you are planning with Niall? Lou, what's going on?"

"It's really nothing you have to worry about, H." Louis tries to comfort his fiancé.

"Not have to worry about? Louis, you are literally inviting Eleanor. She knows what's going on, Niall knows what's going on, don't I have the right as well then?"

Harry doesn't sound demanding or pushy. He genuinely just wants to know why those two can know and he can't.

"I just don't want to make you stressed or upset, baby boy." Louis whispers, his finger twirling one of Harry's curls.

"Lou, if you don't want to tell me that's alright. I won't push it and I really don't want to fight over this. It's just that we literally made a promise to share our lives together only a couple of hours ago. You can trust me with it, you should, we're going to be husbands..."

And Louis knows that Harry is right and even though he has good intentions, he shouldn't keep this from Harry. Harry is not the sixteen year old anymore that he has to protect, he is an adult as well and sharing this with Harry might actually make him feel better too, removing some weight off his shoulders if he shares it with the guy of his dreams.

He grabs Harry's hand and kisses his knuckles, lingering on the finger that has the ring on it. He keeps Harry's hand in his as he talks.

"I needed Eleanor here as well to talk about stuff. She uh, she is going to be a witness. Hazza baby, I'm planning to sue Simon."