Prime Headcanon 13

-Not requested-

Notes:
• Femme reader babes :>
(Y'all, we're in it for like, one scene lmao)

——
Optimus is a nervous wreck when it comes to love, and hates rejection
——

Megatron clashed swords once more with his rival opponent dressed in red and blue. Optimus grunted as he pushed the gladiator off of him once more, dueling their weapons. The rest of their respectful members of their team fought with each other in the back, not daring to help their leaders as they fought helm to helm.

"Surrender, Optimus Prime" Megatron's hoarse voice said as he dodged another kick, ducking at the right time.

"I will never, not when I know you will cause much harm to Earth's atmosphere, but we have already been over this topic." Optimus said back to the tyrant, who chuckled at his good nature. Megatron then had the floor to speak next.

"Well now, do I remember hearing that correctly-

Incoming call from: Y/D

Decline?

Megatron lowly sighed as he didn't care to finish his sentence, picking up the call from his comms.

"-Sweetpark?"

~

"Well now, do I remember hearing that correctly, sweetspark?"

Optimus' optics shot open at Megatron's words. It didn't make sense, not at all. Did he just call him his sweetspark? Optimus grew upset at his sentence, clashing his weapon once more against Megatron's sword, startling him. "I beg your pardon, Megatron?"

"Megsy, you didn't forget about our anniversary, right?" Y/D called through the comm link. Megatron fought the Prime off him, not being able to talk to them both at once. He chose to comfort his sparkmate, as she was his world first and foremost.

"I'm sorry, my love." Megatron said, of course in the middle of the duel. Optimus gasped.

"I didn't forget, I'd never forget our special day. I love you, and I promise I'm on my way back. I just needed to obtain a few things first." Megatron pleaded, dodging another sword swing.

"You're out fighting Optimus, aren't you?!" Y/D called through the link, hearing the swords clash.

"Of course not! Honey, I have to go. I love you!" Megatron quickly ended the call, facepalming at his reckless decision to just end it then and there. But he also doesn't want to come home with fresh cuts in this metal to make her question further, either.

"I'm afraid I have to end this battle early. I've said too much already, and quite frankly, I have an agenda. Decepticons, retreat!" Megatron said, running into the portal Soundwave drew for them. Knockout, Breakdown, and Starscream weren't finished with their own fights, but had no choice but to follow their leader through the groundbridge as it closed.

Optimus was left speechless. All his autobots gathered around their own quiet leader.

"Optimus, what's wrong?" Bulkhead asked the dazed mech.

"I believe Megatron has shown...affection, towards me." The leader coughed out, staring at the place the Decepticon's groundbridge closed, still in shock.

"WHAT!?" The others gasped, Optimus slowly nodding.

"It is true..." he replied, before continuing on. "I ask a favor of you, fellow Autobots-"

"Anything, Optimus. What is it?" Arcee asked.

"May I ask of you to be my optics for the remainder of the day." Optimus started. "I need to know what Megatron is planning. Follow him for me, and report back what you see. Your commlinks are open."

"Ratchet, Track the Decepticon's groundbridge system." The Prime asked, before Ratchet did so though their own personal commlink. It took the medic a few minutes to hack his way through the connection, and with Raf's help from the base, they were able to open the same wavelength.

Arcee volunteered herself, Bulkhead going along with her as they jumped through the portal.

-"Be careful!"- Bumblebee beeped, as the portal closed. He looked up to Optimus, who pinned Ratchet to open their own portal back to base.

~

The Autobot duo lurked behind a corner on the Nemesis, seeing Megatron quickly walk through a separate groundbridge. Arcee nodded to Bulk, before they stealthily ran into the portal.

The portal emptied them into a scene in which looked like a painting. Nature surrounded their vision as Earthly animals chirped all around. They hid behind the nearest tree and observed the tyrant walk into a field of...flowers?

"Optimus, Megatron is currently in a red field of flowers. He seems to be picking them into a bouquet." Bulkhead said to the Prime. Optimus grew more worried.

"No, not flowers. That is a romantic tradition, is it not?!" Optimus said frantically to Ratchet, whom was filled in with their current info.

"Optimus, Optimus calm down! It's okay." Ratchet said calmly. "We don't even know his intentions yet."

"Ratchet, I only wish you could have heard what he murmured to me."

~

"Now he's buying a teddy bear." Arcee said into the comms, Optimus biting his digits in frustration as he paced by the monitors.

"So he so far got flowers, energon sweets, a locket, and now a teddy bear? Optimus it sounds like Megatron must really love you!" Miko said as she laughed from the balcony, making the prme's mind worsen.

"Okay, he's heading back to the Nemesis. Can we get a bridge back to base?" Bulkhead and Arcee asked, before Ratchet pushed the Optimus out of his way to do so. They came back to base as shocked as everyone else to hear the news, especially knowing they weren't meant to see Megatron's plans for this proposal.

"What must I do?" Optimus asked all, everyone in turn looked to each other as clueless as the next person.

"I don't know, maybe go and talk it out?"

~
(Next day)
~

Optimus walked onto the battlefield as nervous as ever. He knew Megatron was on his way to purposefully finish their "fight" from yesterday, but he was practically sweating bullets for no reason. He simply did not like awkward situations.

Finally, Megatron stepped foot onto the battlefield, Optimus turning and gulping.

"Finally! Now, where were we?" Megatron snickered.

"NO!" Optimus yelled out. "I do not love you, Megatron."

The tyrant stopped dead in his tracks, a wave of confusion washing over him. "What..? Er...Love..??"

Then it hit him as he started his hyena laughter.

"Optimus, you heard my conversation yesterday?" He chuckled darkly.

"Yes, and I am here to put a stop to such a gesture. I do not like mechs like that, nevertheless my enemy and once brother."

He laughed again.

"Optimus, my anniversary with my sparkmate was yesterday. I don't love you, nor could I even think you'd think I would."

Optimus stopped in his tracks, embarrassed as the warlord laughed at him, Megatron drawing his sword first.

Optimus withdrew his own, before he pinned the base.

"False alarm." He quietly said into the comm before he closed the link, the two of them awkwardly starting their battle against each other once more.

——
- End -
——