Prime Headcanon 31

Requested by GamingLichdom

Notes:
• In this one, there's no x reader technically but instead has a fictional add-in, almost like a OC
• The main character is Starscream's eldest brother, and for this story i'll name him Ricochet
• protagonist is a mech lol

——
Arcee hates how much she loves Starscream's eldest brother
——

It's been a week since the war ended. A very bloody and gloomy time was upon its survivors as they picked up the rubble little by little under the dark sky.

The acid rain started to lightly sprinkle the ground now as the fierce femme watched her reflection swiftly swivel in the piece of junk she picked up, looking at the pile of old scrap just sitting there rotting away.

She sighed, throwing it back to the ground with a thud as she watched a familiar shadow cast his reflection in that same piece of scrap metal now on the ground. He stood behind her without words as she balled her servos into uncontrollable fists.

"Why do you stay close?" She sounded hurt as she gestured to him without turning around. Her helm tilted and watched his every move through the reflective surface and through the forming piles of acid rain also casting their own reflections of the seeker.

"Arcee" He started, the two seekers behind him long gone with the push of his servo to get them to leave the duo alone. "I understand why you did what you did."

"That's it?" She questioned, turning around to see the much taller mech. The Autobots watched from afar, still not keenly trusting anyone who was once close to the fallen Decepticon army. After Optimus' great sacrifice many fallen and/or lost civilians returned to their planet with the help of the pulsing allspark to re-populate once more. Ricochet was one of those mechs. He never did have the chance to do much damage, come to find out that his younger brother was as vile as the survivors of the war described.

Starscream appeared once and only once to his newly resurrected older brother. Scared to even show his faceplate in broad daylight, the skinny mech caught him off-guard on cybertron's third day of being brought back. Ricochet was thrilled to know that his brother survived the great war nevertheless made it all these years, but it seemed like Starscream wasn't there to catch up like it looked. He begged for currency, for shelter, he switched his words up countless times and caught himself within many lies to the point Ricochet didn't recognize the mech standing before him. With his brother's rejected help from his hurt, Starscream fled and hasn't been seen since.

"You left me to die, Ricochet." The femme's words pulled the mech back into reality and out of his memory, taking an extra second to process her words as she continued on. "These past eons have been some of the scariest death-filled nightmares no bot should have to live with. You have no right to come prance back into my life like you try."

His voice was calm, taking a deep sulk in before he tried to calmly talk to the blue femme before him. "Arcee, I never purposely left you, you know that."

The fem heard him, her tears starting to trickle down her cheekplates. He was right, and she hated to admit it. Within her own grief she knew all too well what happened that night, and pushed it away with her distaste of wrong-doings. "I didn't make it out alive that night, you know that. I would have never left you, 'Cee."

"You, your family, all you seekers have only caused me pain. Do you know what your brother took from me?!" She yelled, her world blurry from her falling tears. She hit his chestplates with her fists, the towering mech looking down at her and sympathizing. He never got angry or offended towards her.

"He killed Cliffjumper, Ricochet. After losing you and then tailgate, he just had to take away the only form of healing my spark allowed in. I could never forgive him for that." She continued to hit her fists upon him, the brute himself didn't feel the slightest of pain from her petite angered self. She mourned, finally stopping and resting her servos on his chest. He hugged her in return.

"I know, I know." She shushed her crying. "Arcee, you're the strongest femme I will ever meet. I'm so sorry my brother did this to you, and I'm so sorry I couldn't be there for you. You're my feisty partner 'Cee, and still are." Even though he passed, once he awoke back after Cybertron's revamp he just had to remember the way he remembers things are different for all. The last thing he remembered was being partners with Arcee, and to know that a whole different chapter has passed in her life, including other partners and such was a big adjustment.

"I just, I hate how much I love you." She admitted, still crying on him. "You're not a bad mech, Ricochet. You're not like him  and, and I really just have to remember that." She cried some more. "I'm so sorry for taking this all out on you, you don't deserve this."

"I love you too." He said, rubbing her helm with his servo. "I'm not like my brother, and I'm so incredibly sorry for his actions. He grew to be a mech I don't know, a trader to all seekers."

With his words, the mech bowed out of respect in front of the emotion-stained femme. On one kneeplate he vowed his words, which was an honorary code within the seeker community for respect, for which Starscream knowingly disbanded from himself.

The femme was moved with his actions, her spark swelling with emotion. She helped him up and hugged him once more. "I'm sorry for blaming you, you never did anything, Rico. I know that for a fact, I just have to stop and think straight. It's just...It's nice to have you back, I can't lose you again. I don't think I can take any more loss in my life."

"As long as I can, I vow myself to loving you, Arcee. You have my word."

——
- End -
——