26

1 week later

"Are you ready?" I asked Arielle. "Yeah, I think so." she said looking in the mirror. "Babe you look good." I smiled. She turned around blushing. We decided to go to dinner with Megan and discuss what would be happening. Arielle was wearing a black blouse and a pair of dark blue jean capris while I was wearing light blue jeans with holes in them and a blue shirt.

"I don't know, I think I might change." she was clearly nervous to meet Megan. "Are you nervous? You have nothing to worry about. Besides you look really good in those jeans." I smirked. "Cameron!" She laughed hitting my chest. "You could always take them off." I chuckled.

"We don't want two babies." she laughed. "We'd make cute babies though." I pouted. "Yeah, we would. But we aren't going to make any." she said taking my hands off of her waist. After we finished getting ready we got into my car and I drove to the restaurant. I looked over and Arielle was playing with her fingers. She does that when she's nervous. I reached over and grabbed her hand.

"Why are you nervous?" I asked. "How do you know I'm nervous?" She smiled. "You're playing with your fingers. Now spill." I said. "I don't know. I feel like you and Megan have something and I'm intruding. I feel like a third wheel."

I sighed and ran my fingers over her knuckles. "Arielle, Megan and I were never anything more than friends who had sex. I used to be a horny high schooler who had sex with a lot of girls. Then I met you and everything changed. I only wanted you, I still only want you. If anything she'd be third wheeling." I laughed. "But I think she likes you as more than a friend."

"I don't care. You're the only girl I see Arielle. What do I have to do to make you believe me?" I asked. "Nothing, I do believe you." She said. "Good. The only thing keeping Megan and I from never talking again is the baby."

I pulled into the parking lot and shut the car off. We got inside the restaurant and saw Megan sitting at a table already. We walked over and I pulled Arielle's chair out for her, then sat beside her. "Hello Megan." I said. "Hi. You must be Arielle." She said smiling.

Wow she's actually going to play nice. "That's me." Arielle smiled. We ordered our food and I grabbed Arielle's hand then put our interlaced fingers on the table. "So how far along are you?" Arielle asked breaking the silence. "About 8 weeks." Megan smiled.

Arielle nodded and looked down. I wanted to make this as unawkward as possible. Our food arrived and we kept small talk about the baby and how everything would work out. After we were done Arielle excused herself to go to the bathroom. "I can't believe she actually stuck around." Megan snorted.

"She must be pretty desperate. I wonder how she feels knowing her boyfriend is having a baby with another girl." she laughed. "If anyone here is desperate it's you Megan! I feel horrible knowing my first child won't be her first child. You need to keep your mouth shut." I said getting up. Arielle was standing right behind us with a sad look on her face. I grabbed her and we got into my car. The ride back to my house was silent. I felt tension between us.

"I just need to get something and then I'll leave." she said as we got out of the car. She went upstairs right as my mom walked into the living room. "How was dinner?" She smiled. "It ended horribly." I said. My mom looked sad.

"I better go find Arielle." I said walking upstairs. I walked into my room and Arielle was looking around for something. I watched and she turned around angry. "Stop staring and help me find my phone charger!" She yelled. "Arielle." I breathed.

"What Cameron?" She yelled again. "What's wrong?" I asked. "What's wrong?" She choked and I knew she was crying. "What's wrong is the fact that in less than a year you're going to be a father. The woman carrying your baby called me desperate! And we keep fighting!"

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into my chest. "Why didn't you tell me you were upset?" I asked. "Because I hate fighting." She said. "Arielle, I hate when you're upset. I'm so sorry. I know this is hard. I wish things were different." I sighed rubbing her back. "I know I'm probably being selfish." she cried.

"No, you aren't. I was being selfish. I wasn't thinking about the consequences when Megan and I were doing what we were. I'm sorry you're going through this. I wish this wasn't happening, I truly do." I sighed. "I'm sure the baby will be perfect, I just wish some things were different ya know?" I sighed and said, "Yeah, I know."

After she calmed down we climbed into my bed and fell asleep.

-----
I finished this book today so now all I gotta do is post the chapters lol but 5 comments and 2 votes for an update ily