14

"I knew I shouldn't have come here." Arielle said walking down the hallway. "Arielle! Wait!" I yelled after her. I ran after her and finally caught up with her. I grabbed her arm and turned her towards me.

"Let go of me!" She said. "Arielle please let me explain." I said basically begging. "What? That you had a girlfriend when we were messing around in New York and then you had everyone lie to me saying you didn't just so I could come back here and find you making out with some girl in the hallway? Who knows what you guys would've done if we hadn't interrupted." she said.

"No, let me explain myself. Please." I begged. "I don't need this. I don't need you. Go tell someone else." she said pulling away from me and walking down the hallway.

That felt like a stab to the heart. I started walking back to the cafeteria to get my stuff so I could leave when I was stopped by Megan. "Who was that?" She asked. "I don't want to talk right now Megan." I growled.

"You can't blame me for this!" She said. "I'm not." I said trying to get her to leave me alone. "Whatever Cameron. Go find someone else to fuck around with." she said walking away.

"I should probably go find Arielle." I heard Hannah say as I walked up to everyone at the table. "Hey lover boy." Andrew laughed. "Literally shut the fuck up." I groaned picking up my stuff.

"Damn sorry." Andrew shrugged. "How could you not tell me about this?" I yelled at Zack. "Are you seriously blaming me for this? I thought maybe seeing Arielle would make you happy and snap you back into reality. I thought it would be good for you. Don't you dare blame me for your problems. You're the one who had done nothing but hook up with random girls since we got back. You lost her yourself this time. So blame yourself." Zack said getting up to walk away.

"You're the biggest asshole I've ever met!" I yelled at him. "Coming from you? Sure." he said. "C'mon Zack lets go find Arielle." Hannah said grabbing his arm.

Zack rolled his eyes at me and left the cafeteria with Hannah. "I'm leaving." I said getting my stuff. "Again?" Trevor asked.

I didn't say anything, but walk away. How did I manage to fuck this up twice? I went to my locker and threw my stuff into it, slamming the door and walking out to my car. I climbed in and started driving. It was only Monday and I didn't really feel like going back to school at all this week, but I knew if I didn't my mom would be mad.

I drove to an empty field and parked. I used to come here all the time when my parents first started fighting. I got out and walked over to the two trees in the field and put my back against one of them, sliding down it. I sat on the ground with my back against the tree, bringing my legs up to my chest and just cried. My life felt like it was falling apart all because of a girl. What's gotten into me?