12

//Arielle's Point Of View//

"Arielle! Arielle! Arielle! Guess what!" Hannah yelled running up to me. "What?" I laughed. "So you know how my family was going to move to California after graduation?" She asked jumping around.

"Yes." I laughed again. "Well we talked about it last night and we're moving like this weekend!" She squealed with excitement. "Wait. What?" I asked.

"Well my dad had that job offer over there and he decided he was going to take it. They called him last night and told him the sooner he comes the better!" She smiled. "Wait Hannah. What's going to happen to us? I'm not sure I'm going to be able to go to California after graduation." I sighed shutting my locker.

"That's why you're coming with us!" She grinned. "What?" I choked. "My parents said it would be okay! If your dad says yes then you're coming with us! I can't believe it!"

"What about my brother? You know how close we are." I said. "He'll be fine! Please Arielle!" She pouted. "I don't know Hannah. What if I don't find something I wanna do over there?"

"Cameron." She stated. I laughed and said, "What?"

"Cameron's over there. Please Ari." she said sticking her bottom lip out into a pouty face. "Another reason I shouldn't go." I said as we walked to class.

"I don't wanna go alone!" She whined. "Zack is over there." I stated. "C'mon Ari, please. Do it for me." she begged. "I'll think about it." I said as we walked into class.

--

"Dad I'm home!" I said walking into the house. I was quickly greeted by my dog clover. She was a golden retriever and was basically part of the family.

"Hey would you mind picking up Mason from school?" My dad asked walking into the house. He must've been outside grilling something for dinner.

"Yeah sure. So I need to ask you something." I said sitting down at the island we had in the middle of the kitchen. "What is it? You know you can talk to me about anything." he said leaning against the other side of the counter.

"So Hannah's dad just got transferred to California and they're leaving like this weekend. Anyways, you know we were thinking about going there for college after graduation and they offered to take me with them..." I said waiting to see how he reacted.

"And what do you want to do?" He asked. "Well I've always wanted to go to California and I feel like I'll have more chances over there, but I don't wanna leave you and Mason behind." I said. "We'll be fine! I say you should go!" He smiled.

"Are you serious? It took me and Hannah months to talk you into letting me go to New York for spring break and I tell you about California and you say yes right away?" I laughed.

"I just want you to live your dreams Ari. I know your mothers death was hard. I've only ever wanted you to be happy, and if going to California will make you happy then I say you should go. You are 18 now. Technically you could go without my permission. Besides I know how good you'll be taken care of with Hannah's family. If you don't want to go, then fine don't go, but I say it's an opportunity you shouldn't let go." he said.

"Thanks dad. I love you." I said hugging him. "I love you too Arielle."

--

"Mas! Dinner is ready!" I yelled upstairs to him. "Coming!" He laughed trotting down the stairs. We all sat down at the table and started eating.

"Are you going to California?" Mason asked me. "I'm not sure yet. How did you know about that?" I laughed. "I heard dad on the phone with someone last night." He said.

"I see you've been eavesdropping on my conversations." My dad laughed. Mason shrugged and continued eating.

"I think you should go!" Mason said. "You want me to leave?" I said acting as if I was hurt. "No, but you've always wanted to go and now you have the chance. I would go if I were you!" He smiled.

"Me too." my dad chimed in. "I think I'm going to." I smiled. "Good."

"Go call Hannah!" My dad laughed. I smiled and ran up to my room. I jumped onto my bed and pulled out my phone, dialing Hannah's number. She picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?" She answered. "Hannah! Guess what!" I yelled into the phone. "What?" She asked uninterested. "I'm coming with you to California!" I laughed. "No way!"

"Yes way!" I laughed again. "We leave Friday night." she said. "Wow that's tomorrow..." I said. "I know. Its last minute but it'll be worth it." She said. I sure hope so.