»𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 1«

"Are you stupid or just simply stupid?"

●○●

The whole Quraish Villa was decorated with long strings of yellow and orange marigolds. There were colorful drapes along the walls, to embellish the railings in the stairways. The whole residence was captivated by the wedding vibes.

The fitting flowers Not only created a very dazzling ambiance but also added freshness to the atmosphere. Flower strings were wrapped along the staircase railings to add charm to the welcome area.

A traditional divan, which was decorated with colorful fabrics in silk with a couple of satin cushions, was set in the middle of the hall room.

The whole Villa was filled with guests. The loud music of the Henna ceremony could be heard from the neighborhood. Some were dancing, some applying henna on their hands. Children's laughter was heard. There was a constant smile on everyone's face. After all, it was the henna ceremony of Azeen Quraish, the only daughter of Quraish Villa.

"Aunty, where's the bride-to-be? I need to congratulate her."
Neema, Azeen's college friend asked.

"Zee must have gone inside her room. You sit here. I'll go and bring her."
Sherebano Quraish, Azeen's paternal aunt (Chachi) , said and then went to check on her.

●○●

A girl in yellow Sharara was pacing to and fro in her room. Her hands were painted with heavy henna. She was looking anxious. Every minute she was checking her mobile.

Sherebano knocked on the door.

"Zee! Everyone is waiting for you, dear."

"Coming, Chachi! Just 5 minutes."
Azeen yelled from inside.

"Come quickly. I'm going downstairs."

"Okay."

She didn't have any other option nor had any time to think.

Taking out the black burqa from the cupboard, she quickly put on her beautiful dress. Then grabbing her phone, she quickly text someone.

I'm sorry.

I know you told me to wait.

But I think it's better if I leave.

By the time you see the message, I must have left the house.

I should have told you but I couldn't muster up the courage to say it.

Don't blame yourself.

You deserve someone better.