» 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 29 «

“Kind of lame yet kind of sweet, still lame.”

●○●

"Are you asleep?"
Hearing the familiar voice from the other side of the phone, Fawad, who was lying on the bed, couldn't help but roll his eyes.

"If I was asleep, then I couldn't have received your call."
Last night Fawad was so occupied with Azeen's thoughts that he barely got any sleep.

"Right. Silly me."
From the other side, Ayyan replied with a nervous laugh.

"Why are you calling me so early?"
Looking at the time, Fawad asked with a frown.
"That too on a weekend."

"I have my reasons."
Ayyan replied in a small voice before asking,
"Can you come to the roof? With a jacket?"

"What are you doing on the roof?"
Sitting on the bed, Fawad asked confusedly. 

"Reeha was not receiving my call nor seeing my messages. On top of that, she even closed the window last night. No matter how many times I banged, she didn't open it up."
With his chattering teeth, Ayyan somehow managed to say.

"What does that have to do with you being on the roof?"
Fawad questioned, still not getting the reason. 

"I might have been chased by the neighbor's dog."
Ayyan mumbled.

Last night seeing him banging the window of Reeha's, the neighbor's dog assumed him a thief. So as soon as Ayyan climbed down dejectedly to go back to Malik Mansion, the dog started barking and chasing him. Having no other way out, Ayyan had to spend the night on the roof.

"What?"
Fawad almost screamed.
"Why didn't you call me earlier?"

"Look. I'll tell you everything but for now, can you come upstairs quickly with a jacket? Here I'm freezing to death."
Annoyed at his brother-in -law's unending questions, Ayyan almost snapped at him.

"Okay, stay there. I'm coming in five minutes."
Ending the call Fawad quickly got up from the bed.

Freshening up, Fawad quickly took out his jacket and got out of his room. As soon as he reached the dining room, he spotted his sister. 

"Where are you going so early in the morning?"
Reeha, who was drinking ginger tea for her sore throat, asked.

"You!!! Why are you not receiving Ayyan's call? Did you know last night…"
Fawad stopped remembering Ayyan's foreboding to tell Reeha.

"Did he complain to you about me?!"
Reeha snorted with laughter before giving him a murderous look.
"The nerve of that man!"

"He didn't."
Fawad mumbled and then started to walk towards the main door not wanting to witness Reeha's wrath. He was just about to open the door when Reeha stopped him.
"Listen."