»𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 14«

“Are you sure you are not suffering from dementia?”

●○●

A few days later

Azeen was preparing breakfast with Mrs. Ahmed. When Fawad called her from upstairs. It was the third time he called her in the morning. Tightly closing her eyes, she excused herself and went to her room.

"Azeen!"

"What happened? Why are you calling me now?"

"You happened! How many times did I tell you not to keep the wet towel in the bed? It makes the bed damp."

"I was about to keep it in the balcony then-"

"Then you forgot."
Fawad completed her sentence.
"You even forgot to mop the bathroom floor. I almost slipped on the wet floor. Seriously Azeen? Are you sure you are not suffering from dementia?"

Whenever Fawad stays in the house all he does is nag, nag and nag. It's not like Azeen forgets intentionally. She tries to do everything perfectly, to his style but instead of appreciating, he nitpicks her for almost everything. Sometimes Azeen thinks that nagging is his part-time hobby.

"And what is this? Why is there so much dust? Don't you know I can't stand dirty things?"
Fawad said while taking a finger full of dust from the corner of the window.

Azeen started counting from 1 to 10 in her mind to stop herself from shouting at him. 

"What? Why are you not answering me? Do I look like I'm talking to a wall?"

"YOU-"
Taking a deep breath she said while gritting her teeth,
"I'll clean everything. For now, I have to go to the kitchen."

"Even I have to go to the office."

'Then why don't you go there instead of nagging me?!'

"I know and that's why I'm preparing breakfast."
Just before turning around, she added,
"And if possible DON'T call me again. PLEASE!"

"It's not like calling you is my hobby. You do- hey! I'm not done talking."
Seeing Azeen walking away he called her but she was already gone.

"Now why did he call you?"
Mrs. Ahmed asked her daughter-in-law once Azeen came into the kitchen while mumbling something.

"Mumma, I don't want to be rude but don't you think your son needs a doctor?"
Mrs. Ahmed worriedly looked at Azeen as she continued.

"Seriously, being a perfectionist is a disease. If you give me the permission then I can contact a doctor and fix an appointment for him."

Mrs. Ahmed couldn't help but chuckle at her.

"Here I'm telling you such a serious issue and you are laughing."