Long Day (Sam Winchester x reader) Lawyer/No monster AU

Sam groaned as his back popped. He'd been sitting in that chair for far too long today. The case he was trying as a tough one. His client was a treat, honestly. Absolutely innocent of any charges. His clients parents? Not so much. Despite the fact that his client was over eighteen, their parents demanded to know what was happening every single step of the way then proceeded to berate Sam if he wasn't working fast enough to exonerate their child. He took it in stride though because he had all the support he needed.

Sam's hazel eyes traveled to the picture of you he kept on his desk and he smiled. The two of you had been together since his last year of law school, a year or so after he and Jess broke up. You stuck by him no matter how stressed he got and no matter how many long hours he worked. And no matter how many times his brother flirted with you when you first met. Nothing scared you off and Sam was beyond grateful for that. Especially on days like today.

When Sam finally made it home, he expected you to be sleeping. Instead, Sam found the house warm and cozy feeling with the aroma of something delicious filling the air. "Y/N?" he called out, prompting you to appear from the kitchen with a smile. "Hey, babe. Take off your jacket and get comfortable. Our late night supper is almost ready." You moved to go back to the kitchen, but Sam gently gripped your arm.

"It's so late. Shouldn't you be sleeping?" You playfully rolled your eyes. "I took a nap earlier. I'm fine. I wanted to be awake for you when you got home. I know it's been a long day. Now go on and sit at the table, okay?" You didn't wait for an answer before you kissed his cheek and hurried back into the kitchen. Sam shook his head fondly, chuckling to himself.

You reappeared a moment later with your arms laden down with food. "Is that-?" You beamed at him and set the food down. "Your favorite? Yes. We're going to eat and then you're going to watch an episode of that sitcom you like and grab a beer or something while I finish the last part of your surprise." You sat down in your seat, watching as Sam served his food and took a bite. He had to bite back a moan at the taste.

After you ate, you stood up, kissed Sam's cheek, and told him you would take care of the dishes. Then you disappeared upstairs for a bit. Sam vaguely registered the sound of running water, but soon forgot it in favor of his show. Sam rarely got to relax like this and, even if it was nearly two in the morning, he was determined to enjoy it.

You reappeared as the show's credits were rolling. "Come on." Without hesitation, Sam uncrossed his long legs and rose. You took his hand to lead him upstairs and into the master bath. "I know it's silly, but I wanted to do something nice for you to help you relax," you said softly. The confident tone of your voice dropped while you spoke and Sam had to chuckle. He kissed your forehead. "This is perfect."

You hugged him for a moment before muttering something about getting him a clean towel and leaving the room. In that moment, Sam's heart was full. You had done all this...for him. You worked long hours yourself and stresses he probably even guess and yet you were here, taking care of him. He didn't think he could feel any more loved if he tried.

"Are you going to stand there all night or get it?" you asked teasingly when you returned to the bathroom. He laughed and proceeded to undress. "Are you joining me?" You shook your head. "Not yet. I'm enjoying the view." Sam rolled his eyes, making you giggle. "Just get in, silly."

Sam really did groan when the warm water hit his muscles. It felt heavenly. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes as you began carding your fingers through his hair. "I'm so proud of you, Sam. You work so hard and still make time for us." He glanced up at you and you smiled down at him. "I love you, you know that?" After pressing a kiss to his lips and assuring him that you did know, you lightly tapped the back of his head.

Sam sat there, basically in heaven, as you worked your magic washing his hair. Dean would probably say you were in the middle of a chick-flick, but Sam didn't care. It felt nice to be taken care of especially by someone doing it just because they can.

When you finished you moved to stand so Sam could finish his bath in peace. "Join me?" You smiled at him again. He swore he'd never get tired of seeing you smile. "What? Join you in the giant-ass bath tub you insisted we needed?" you replied with a wink. Sam couldn't keep his eyes off you as your clothes joined his on the floor and you climbed in. You seated yourself between his knees and leaned back so your head was resting again his shoulder.

"Now it's a perfect night," Sam whispered as his arms snaked around you, "Can we stay like this?" You hummed in response. The two of you stayed like that for what felt like hours until the water grew cold. That was when Sam looked down and noticed your eyes drifting shut. Obviously your nap hadn't been enough. "Bedtime, baby."

After drying off and crawling into bed, Sam held you close to him. Your eyes were both drooping as sleep began pulling you under. For the first time since his case had landed on his desk, Sam felt relaxed. This was his perfect moment. Just the two of you, caring for and loving one another.