Fighting it is Useless pt. 2(Arthur Ketch x fem!Winchester reader) Soulmate AU

Ketch woke up with a pounding headache. His throat was scratchy and dry and he felt the need to throw up. He couldn't remember the last time he'd drank so much. It had to have been years ago. Groaning, Ketch opened his eyes. It only took him a fraction of a second to realize that he was not in his room. Or even in the British Men of Letters American base.

He looked around the room. Pretty basic with slight feminine touches here and there. Ketch's gaze landed on a photo on the nightstand. The photo made the urge to vomit even stronger. It was a picture of you and your brothers. Ketch now knew he where he was. He was in the Winchesters' bunker, and by the look of things, your room. Ketch groaned again and brought one knee up. Resting an elbow on his knee, he put his head in his hands as memories of the night before came flooding back.

*flashback*

A bottle and a half of scotch. That was what it took for Ketch to finally make a decision. He left his room, heading for bike. "Ketch, mate? Where are you off to this time of night?" Ketch faced Mick and slurred something about his soulmate. Mick scoffed. "You're not going like that." Ketch argued and Mick finally agreed to drive.

As soon as Mick parked the car, Ketch was out of it. He stumbled toward the door and knocked, loudly. It opened a minute later to reveal a very sleepy and irate you. "What? Ketch, what are you doing here?" you asked, your voice thick with sleep. "I need to talk to you." His voice was loud and slurred. He practically fell in the door as he surged forward. "Are you drunk?" Ketch shook his head and then the world blurred.

*end of flashback*

That was the last thing Ketch remembered. Running his hand over his face, Ketch sighed. How had he sunk so low? He'd never been that drunk before. All over a woman. A soft knock on the door echoed through the room, making Ketch moan.

The door opened quietly and you appeared. "Morning, Sunshine," you greeted. Ketch was confused about the smile on your face. You never smiled at him. You came over to the bed. "Here. You'll need this." You handed him a couple of aspirin and a glass of water.

"Y/N, going on a supply run!" Dean's voice called out. You rolled your eyes fondly before turning back to Ketch. "I'll be in the kitchen when you're ready to get up. Bathroom's across the hall." Without waiting for a reply, you turned and left the room.

Ketch swung his legs over the side of the bed and stretched. Deciding he needed to freshen up before he talked to you, Ketch made his way to the bathroom. Every step felt like lead and his mind was bouncing all around. His thoughts wouldn't get in order. How was he going to explain to you what happened? By the time he was finished in the bathroom, the smell of bacon wafted through the bunker.

Following his nose, Ketch found the kitchen. You were busy at the stove and didn't seem to hear him come in. Ketch cleared his throat and you glanced at him over your shoulder. "Have a seat. Breakfast will be ready in a sec." Ketch sat down, his eyes never leaving your form. For once, the man had no idea what to say to you. You set a plate down in front of him a minute later.

"That's Dean's hangover cure. Works every time." You sat down across from him and began to eat while Ketch regarded you with an expression of suspicion. "I didn't poison it, you know," you said without looking up. Ketch's eyes kept bouncing between your face and the mark on your right hand. The one that matched his. That damned mark. The cause of all of this. You suddenly sighed. "Stop staring at my mark and tell me why you showed up on my doorstep at two in the morning drunk as a skunk."

Ketch blinked in surprise. "That mark is why I'm here." You scoffed. "You never seemed to care before." Ketch slammed his hand down on the table. "Because I didn't! If not for your damned brother, I probably wouldn't have even come. I let him get in my head." You pushed your plate away, no longer in the mood to eat. "Do you think this is easy for me, Ketch?"

The man in question brought his gaze back to you. Your voice had gone soft again and he could tell you were fighting back tears. "Do you think it was easy for me to find out that my soulmate is a man I don't trust? A man who has called himself a dog, who obeys every command without question, even when it leads to the deaths of innocent people? Is it easy to find out that your soulmate is someone who wants nothing to do with you? Who seems incapable of love, or any other kind of feeling?!"

You were yelling by this time, the tears flowing freely down your face. All the months of pent up frustration were finally breaking free and you couldn't stop it. Ketch just sat there and watched you. At that moment, he could see what Sam had meant about balance. It was your emotional side that was the opposite of Ketch. He also swore that you never looked more stunning than you did at that moment, no matter how uncomfortable the outpouring of emotion made him. You were yourself. You weren't trying to make yourself seem stronger, like you weren't vulnerable.

Without saying a word, Ketch slowly got up and walked over to where you were sitting. He took your hand and pulled you up until the two of you were chest to chest. "I am capable of feeling, Y/N whether you believe it or not." You had stopped crying when he pulled you up. You were too surprised and you were blushing at the lack of space between you. You brought a hand up to rest on his chest and smirked. "Well, I feel a heart in there, but I'm not sure if it works."

Ketch rolled his eyes. It seemed nothing could control that sassy mouth of yours. Well, may not nothing. With no warning, Ketch's lips descended on yours. You squeaked in surprise and the Ketch smirked into the kiss. In his usual fashion, Ketch tried to dominate the kiss, but to his surprise, you didn't let him. You took advantage of his shock and took control.

Ketch couldn't fight the sigh that escaped him as he kissed you. He vaguely heard that little voice in the back of his head telling him that he should fear this,but he pushed it away. In this moment, with you in his arms, Ketch felt something he hadn't before. Realization finally dawned on him that fighting this soulmate thing was completely useless. You needed each other. Kissing you,Ketch felt complete.

As if you just realized what was happening, you ended the kiss. You pulled away abruptly, bringing your fingers to your lips. "No," you whispered and pushed away from him completely. Ketch blinked in confusion before you took off toward your room. You slammed the door a moment later, leaving a very hurt and confused Ketch behind.