Behind Their Backs (Metatron x fem!reader)

(slight AU)

Giggles floated around your room in the bunker. "Shh. Do you want those two to come barging in?" your boyfriend admonished playfully. You stifled your giggles with your hand as you looked at Metatron. He was right. You didn't want Sam and Dean coming in. Your relationship with Metatron had been unexpected and you hadn't told the Winchesters. You were certain they wouldn't understand your connection to the angel. "I have to but I'll be back." Metatron kissed your forehead and disappeared.

Sighing happily, you laid down on your bed with a smile on your face. Things were great, at least in between hunts. You had a good relationship with the boys and Cas and an even better one with Metatron. Now, you just had to find a way to tell the Winchesters that wasn't going to hurt anyone. Luckily, or perhaps unluckily, you wouldn't have to tell them. They'd find out on their own.

You had just finished a hunt and insisted on having your own room for once. It had been a rough hunt, one where you'd messed up angering Dean and you wanted nothing more than to curl up in Metatron's arms. So, the minute you were alone, you called out to him, hoping he'd be there soon.

"What's wrong?" he asked when he appeared a second later. You didn't say anything, just pulled him down on the bed to lay next to you. Confused, Metatron wrapped his arms around you. "That bad?" You nodded, snuggling closer. "Dean is really mad at me, Met. I messed up big time." Metatron kissed your hair. "That flannel clad monkey gets mad too easily." You shook your head. "I almost died."

Before Metatron could reply, there was pounding on the door. You both bolted up just in time for the door to open. "Y/N, I'm s-" Dean stopped short when he saw you and Metatron on your bed. "What the hell is this?" You glanced at Metatron. "Give us a minute?" Metatron nodded and disappeared.

"Dean, I can explain." Dean crossed his arms over his chest as he waited for an explanation. "Where are Sam and Cas? I'd rather only go through this once." Dean nodded once before turning to go get Sam and Castiel. When the three returned, they all wore similar expressions of frustration and confusion. You sighed and gestured for them to sit.

"Met and I love each other." They all just gaped at you. "How? After everything he's done?! How can you possibly love him?!" You glanced down at your lap and twiddled your fingers. "Because, we're the same. We both feel ignored by our families. Like we don't matter, no matter how hard we try. We connected from the beginning. We've been seeing each other for a while now."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Sam asked. You shrugged and replied, "Because I knew you'd be mad and that you wouldn't understand." Dean huffed. "How could we? Do you not remember what he did to us? To Cas?" You rolled your eyes. "He's been trying to make amends for that, or did you forget how he let Amara nearly kill him so we could get away?" No one had anything to say, but they were all looking at you like you'd grown a third eye.

Scoffing, you waved your hand in a gesture of dismissal. "You know what? Never mind. I knew you wouldn't understand. Just go." The three men rose and left the room. "Met," you said softly after the door closed. "They didn't take it well, I see." You shook your head, sniffling as tears threatened to fall. You leaned into him and rested your head on his shoulder.

"We could get away from all this, Y/N. My offer to take you away still stands," he whispered. The two of you had talked about leaving for a while and this time, you were seriously considering it. "You know what? I think that sounds great. Just the two of us." Metatron smiled and kissed your forehead. "Good." Without waiting for a response, Metatron transported you both to the bunker so you could pack your things and then, he took you to a cozy little mountain retreat.

You stepped out onto the deck of the cabin and took in the view. "It's beautiful, Met." Metatron wrapped his arms around you, his chin resting on your shoulder. "All for you." You grinned and leaned back into him. For the first time in a long time, you felt content. You weren't worrying about where you'd end up next or when the next monster was going to appear. You were standing in the arms of the angel you loved. Nothing could penetrate your little bubble.

Meanwhile,the boys had calmed down and agreed to talk to you again, like adults. They opened your door, only to be greeted by an empty room. "Y/N?" they called out. No answer. "Where is she?" Sam shrugged before he saw your phone sitting on your bed. "Dean...I think she left us." He picked up your phone. "I think we finally pushed her too far, Dean."In a fit of anger, Dean took your phone from Sam and tossed it across the room.He wasn't mad at you, he was made himself. He'd pushed you away. All because he couldn't trust one lousy angel.