The Rumors Aren't True(Crowley x fem!Winchester reader)

(The first of the AU requests! This is a Royal/Arranged Marriage AU. I tried to put it in the title, but it wouldn't let me XD)

Your hands were shaking as you took the bouquet. The day you had been dreading was finally here and you were scared out of your mind. You had yet to meet your betrothed, but you'd heard the rumors. King Crowley was supposedly a cruel man with a horrendous temper that no one wanted to cross. However, your father King John knew that an alliance between your kingdom and Crowley's was the best for the realm. So the two made a deal. An arranged marriage.

"You okay?" Dean asked. Since your father was officiating the marriage, Dean was walking you down the aisle. "I'm scared, Dean. What if I do something he doesn't like? What's going to happen to me?" Dean gently grabbed your shoulders. "Hey. Look at me." You did and he continued, "You're a Winchester, got it. Princess Y/N Winchester and you are stronger than any king in the entire world, even this so-called 'demon king'. You can handle anything he throws at you. And if you can't, you can always come back home for a bit. We'll send Aunt Ellen or Uncle Bobby after him, okay?" You smiled in spite of your fear. "Okay. Thanks, Dean-o."

"Yeah. I'm done with the girly moment now. Let's get you hitched." Sighing again, you nodded and let Dean take your arm. It was time and there was no going back now. Not without serious consequences for your father and your people. You had to do this for them. So, you let Dean lead you toward the Great Hall of your family castle where your fate was waiting for you.

Crowley barely looked at you as you approached. In fact, he didn't look at you much throughout the entire ceremony or the reception afterwards. He delivered his vows with little emotion behind them, although you weren't sure what to expect from him. You were certain your own smile looked fake. When it came time for Crowley and you to kiss, your heart began pounding in your ears. But he only gave you a slight peck. Inside, you breathed a sigh of relief. Your own father's expression looked sad when he announced you husband and wife. And when the time came for Crowley and you to leave for your honeymoon cruise before heading toward Crowley's kingdom, your father was near tears.

"Y/N," your father whispered, making you pause. Crowley climbed into the carriage to wait for you. "I'm sorry, Y/N." You smiled at him. "It's alright, Father. I know you did what was best for the people. I won't let you down. I will be the best wife I can be to King Crowley." John nodded. "I know you will. Make me proud." You kissed his cheek and got into the carriage, ready to head off with your new husband.

The ride to the port was quiet. Crowley sat stiffly next to you, refusing to meet your gaze until you finally had enough. "Thank you for agreeing to this marriage, Your Majesty." Crowley blinked in surprise and turned to look at you. He clear his throat. "Yes, well, can't get something for nothing. I've held up my end of the deal and your father held up his. That's all." You hummed sadly and looked out of the window. It went quiet again for a moment.

After a bit, your husband spoke again, "You'll have your own chambers aboard the ship, if you wish." Your brows drew together. Separate chambers on your honeymoon? "Oh." Crowley gave you a small smile. "I know my reputation, Y/N. I know what they say about me and I won't deny that some of the rumors are true. But I like to think I'm a gentleman first and foremost. You didn't ask for this marriage and I won't force you to do anything you aren't comfortable with. I'm not an animal."

You weren't sure what to say at first, but you smiled. This wasn't what you expected from Crowley. Not based on the rumors you'd heard. Maybe Crowley wasn't as bad as they said. "Thank you, Your Majesty." Crowley rolled his eyes. "Enough of that. You're my wife. Crowley will do." You slowly reached over and rested your hand on one of his. "Thank you, Crowley."

*two years later*

"They're here!" you cried, getting up from your window seat. It wasn't exactly the proper behavior for a queen, but you were too excited. It had been so long since you'd last seen your brothers yet you could clearly see their carriage approaching the castle. You hurried down to the throne room where Crowley was. You were greeted by servants and your advisors as you entered the room.

"They're here!" you repeated happily. Crowley smiled at your enthusiasm, making the others around him grin as well. Since the two of you had married, there had been an obvious change in Crowley. The softer side that you had begun to dig up the day of your wedding was coming closer to the surface for everyone to see. Even his people seemed happier for it. Yes, he still had his temper, but he was in much more control of it now, especially when you were in the room.

You almost broke into a run up to where Crowley was, but you knew he'd scold you for running in your condition. So, you walked briskly. "Shall we continue this later, gentlemen? It's clear my in-laws are here. Family first, after all." The advisors agreed and, with a few bows, left the room. Crowley turned to you with an amused expression.

"I'm sorry, Crowley. I didn't mean to interrupt. I was just so excited." Crowley chuckled softly. He reached over and pulled you closer so you were practically sitting on his lap. "That's alright, dove. Just be more careful." You nodded as he ran his hand over your stomach. "I will." You kissed his nose and moved away to sit in your own throne. You had just barely gotten situated when the herald announced the arrival of your brothers.

Crowley laughed at you practically bouncing in your seat. "Darling, the baby." You stilled as best you could. It didn't last long. As soon as Dean entered the room, you were up and heading over to him as quickly as was safe. "Dean!" Dean beamed at you. When you were near enough, Dean gathered you in his arms. "God I missed you! You doing okay?" he whispered. You pulled back.

"I really am. I'm...happy." You turned to Sam and hugged him too. "I'm so happy you guys are here." Sam beamed. "We're happy to see you too. You look great. And, uh, pregnant." You giggled. "Yeah. That's kind of what happens when-" Dean cut you off with a shudder. "I don't need the details. Seriously, are you happy with him?"

"Yes, Dean. I love him." You turned back to smile at Crowley. He got up from his throne and approached the three of you. "It's good to see you both." The boys looked skeptical, but you wrapped an arm around Crowley's waist and they relaxed a little. They relaxed more when they saw you looking up at Crowley with such love and devotion. "Yeah, it's good to see you too, Crowley. We were actually surprised by the invitation."

"Anything to put a smile on my queen's face. Darling, why don't you go rest for a bit? You've had an eventful morning." You smiled and shook your head fondly. "You worry too much, Crowley. I have plenty of time to rest later. For now I want to spend time with my brothers." Crowley laughed lightly. "I should have known that wouldn't work." He kissed your temple. "Whatever you wish, my queen." Sam and Dean exchanged a glance. Looking at the two of you, no one would know that this marriage had been arranged. They wouldn't know how reluctant you had been to marry a man who had such vile rumors swirling around him. Rumors, it appeared, weren't true at all. With that knowledge, Sam and Dean could be happy for you.