Collateral (Death x reader)

(Warnings: using a person as collateral)

"Excuse me?!" you cried, glaring at a sheepish looking Dean. "Look, I didn't know what else to do. You're the only thing I have of value besides baby." Your glare hardened. "So now I'm a thing? I'm not collateral, Dean! Why not let him use your precious Baby?" Dean rolled his eyes. "I didn't mean it like that. And I tried. He has his own car. Come on, Y/N! We need his ring, but he'll only give it to me if I do this first. Please?"

You wanted to punch him. He was almost as good as the puppy-dog eyes as his brother. You almost caved, but this was different. He was willing to trade you to Death for the day. "You really think I want to spend my day with the Horseman of Death?!" you questioned harshly before glancing at the entity in question, "No offense."

Death was standing in the corner with his hands resting on his cane. "None taken." In truth, he was enjoying the interaction between you and Dean. It was entertaining. "Come on, please?" Dean asked again. You stared at him in silence for a few moments before letting out a groan. "Fiiiiiiiine." You turned to face Death. "Guess I'm all yours for the day."

"Wonderful," Death said and the next moment, Dean was gone. "Sit, Y/N. Try this pizza. It is some of the best I've ever tasted." Your brows furrowed, but you sat anyway. Death pushed a slice of pizza your direction. "Thanks," you muttered and took a bite. He was right. It was really good.

That was how you spent your day, traveling around the world and trying new food with Death. Not exactly how you thought you'd spend your day, but you weren't complaining. You loved to travel and you loved food. And Death was surprisingly good company. He was sassy, funny, and had a very unique view of the world you lived in. As you traveled across the United States, South America, Europe, and Africa that day, you sampled all the cuisine they had to offer. Who'd have thought Death would love food so much?

While you ate, you talked and learned quite a lot about Death. It was far more enjoyable than you thought it would be and the day passed so quickly that before you knew it, the end of it was upon you. You had been having so much fun and it looked like Death was too. If that soft smile on his face was any indication. He nearly frowned over his pickle chips when he saw the time.

"Come along, my dear. It is time to return you to the Winchesters." You pouted a little, but nodded anyway. You weren't sure you were to leave him just yet, but you did have a job to do. Stopping the Apocalypse was a pretty big deal. After you nodded, you felt the world shift again. It had gotten easier as the day had gone on.

"Y/N, you okay? He didn't hurt you, did he?" Dean questioned the second he saw you. "I'm fine, D. And no, he didn't hurt me unless you count feeding me the best food in the world as harm." You both turned to look at Death. The entity handed Dean his ring. "As promised." He turned to walk away.

"Hey, Death?" He stopped and glanced back at you over his shoulder. "We should do this again sometime." Death smirked a little. "Anytime you wish, Y/N. I trust you're intelligent enough to figure out how to summon me. So, until next we meet." With that, he was gone.

"Seriously?" Dean asked. You blinked at him in confusion. "Did you really just ask Death out on a date?" You laughed a little nervously. "What? No!" Dean arched a brow. "Uh-huh, sure. Come on, let's get out of here." You followed him over to Baby with a soft smile on your face.