Fighting it is Useless pt. 3(Arthur Ketch x fem!Winchester) Soulmate AU

Ketch simply stood there in confusion for several minutes, unsure of what had just happened. Did you not experience the same kiss he did? His gaze traveled to the practically untouched plates on the table and he sighed. "Can't very well let her starve. Her bloody brothers would never let me live it down." He carefully picked up the plates, put them on a tray and made his way back to your room.

He found your room easily enough and was poised to knock, but he stopped when he heard your voice. "What do I do, Sam? That kiss...there are no words, Sammy. But I don't want to get hurt...Yeah, I know Ketch isn't Lisa or Jess but still...Yeah. Thanks, Sam." You sighed heavily and Ketch decided it would be a good time to knock.

"Come on in, Ketch," you called softly. Ketch opened the door with his free hand came in. You were sitting on the edge of your bed, the very bed Ketch had occupied the night before. Ketch took in your tear-stained face. "How much of that did you hear?" Ketch shook his head, as if to deny it, but you stopped him. "Do you really think I don't know when someone is outside my door?"

"I brought your breakfast." You rolled your eyes at his attempt to change the subject. You looked at his face and saw something different there. You saw pain. And not the kind you get from a punch to the gut. The kind that comes from heartache. Your brows came together. Had you caused that? You carefully took your plate and sat down on the floor. You patted the spot next to you. Ketch looked uncertain for a moment, but decided to sit anyway.

For a moment, there was an uncomfortable silence between you both. "Why did you run?" Ketch asked suddenly, making you almost drop your plate. You set your plate down and turned to face him. "Truth?" He nodded. "I was scared." Ketch arched a brow. "I've kissed guys before, but kissing your soulmate is different. I'd never felt anything like it before. It scared me. The very thought of having someone I can't stand to lose scares the crap out of me."

Hearing his own thoughts coming out of your mouth was like a slap to the face to Ketch. At least he wasn't the only one. Fear was a foreign emotion to him, but then again, after Kendrick's, so was love. Ketch couldn't think of a thing to say without making himself seem vulnerable. He didn't want that, so he simply set his plate down, took your face in his hands and kissed you again, much more gently this time. You didn't push away, but before Ketch could deepen the kiss, his phone rang.

Groaning, Ketch pulled away and looked at his phone. You were instantly worried when his face lost all color. He looked like he was going to be sick. "Ketch?" He shook his head and answered the call. "Arthur Ketch." He listened intently for a moment as a frown formed on his face. The longer he listened, the deeper the frown became. "I understand. If that's all, I have pressing business to attend to." Without waiting for an answer Ketch hung up.

He glanced up at you with that same look of pain etched on his face. "Are you alright?" you asked, not used to seeing him so uncertain about anything. He cleared his throat and stood. "I'm perfectly fine, thank you." And just like that, he was back to his typical cold persona. Taking both plates in your hands, you stood as well and furrowed your brow. "Ketch...what is it?" He didn't answer. Instead, he straightened his crumpled suit and walked out of the room.

It wasn't until he was at the door of the bunker, coat in hand, that he remembered he didn't have his car or motorcycle. "Damn," he muttered. You jingled a set of keys, making him turn around. "Where are we going?"

A couple hours later, you pulled up at the British Men of Letters base. Ketch still hadn't said what you were doing there, but you had to see what had bothered your soulmate so much and what had him texting frantically back and forth with someone. Curiosity had always been one of your strongest attributes and, when it got you into trouble, your brothers said it was your worst fault. And this time, it turned out to be a fault. A lethal one.