Baking With Dean (Dean Winchester x reader)

You were in the kitchen early that morning when Dean sauntered in. He mumbled something that sounded like a "good morning" but you could never be sure until he had that first cup of coffee. Dean got his coffee and then turned to face you. He noticed all the baking supplies out on the counter as well as some freshly peeled apples. His face nearly split from the size of the grin he was now giving you. He knew exactly what you were up to. "Happy Birthday, Dean," you greeted.

"Apple pie?" he asked, just to be sure. You'd played a mean trick once before. You told him you were making cherry pie and you actually made turnovers instead. Dean was not impressed. "Yep," you answered, popping the "p". If possible, Dean's smile grew even wider. If there was one thing everyone knew about Dean, it was that the man loved his pie. "You wanna help?"

His eyes lit up like a kid's at Christmas time. "Hell, yeah!" His voice was still somewhat groggy from sleep, but you'd never seen him more excited. "Alright. Then you can roll out the dough while I get the apples ready." Dean pouted a little bit. "Why can't I do the apples?" You laughed softly and replied, "Because you'd eat all the filling and we wouldn't have any for the pie." Dean opened his mouth to protest but thought better of it. You were right. He would definitely do that.

Dean and you moved around the kitchen together with practiced ease. Dean rolled out the dough you'd already made while you prepped the filling. Soon after, the pie was in the oven and you and Dean took it upon yourselves to sit and drink some more coffee. You were leaning on the counter when Dean suddenly snickered. "What?" Dean didn't say anything. He simply brought a hand up from the counter and flicked flour in your face.

You sat there for a minute, dumbfounded. You looked up in those emerald eyes that widened in fear. Not that Dean was really afraid of you, but he was afraid of retaliation. You smiled to yourself and wiped the flour from your face. Dean flinched a little. "Relax, Dean. I'm not going to get you back...yet." Dean swallowed thickly. "When, then?" You gave him a cheeky smirk and replied, "You will never see it coming."

The rest of the morning, Dean would flinch every time you moved, just waiting for the moment you would get your revenge. You were waiting for your opportunity. You didn't care that it was his birthday. When the timer went off, Dean immediately bolted for the oven . He figured that if he got to the pie first, you couldn't take it from him. The thing was, you knew exactly how the older Winchester liked his apple pie. A la mode. Unfortunately for him, you were closer to the freezer.

You quietly got up and walked to the freezer feeling Dean's eyes on you the whole time. It only took him a second to realize what you were going after. "Oh come on, Y/N! Don't take away my a la mode! It's just not the same!" You grabbed the ice cream and turned to him. "Sorry, Dean but you don't deserve to have your apple pie a la mode."

Dean pouted for a second before saying, "Yeah, but I have the pie." You shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm good with just the ice cream." Dean's smirk fell again. You heard him mutter a curse under his breath. "I'm sorry, okay? Ya happy?" You giggled. You opened up the ice cream, dipped your finger in it and dabbed a little bit on his nose. "There. Now we're even. Eat your pie, Dean." Dean let out a hearty laugh and started cutting himself a piece when Sam walked in the room. "Got us a case." Dean through the pie server down and yelled, "Son of a bitch!" You smiled at him. "Well, guess you'll have to eat your birthday pie later."

�?