Faked (Metatron x reader)

You stared in disbelief. How was this possible? There was no way this was happening. "M-Met?" you stuttered and he turned to look at you. "You're alive?" Your voice was barely above a whisper. "Y/N, you okay?" Sam asked. You nodded slowly, your eyes never leaving Metatron. "How?" Metatron glanced over at Dean and Castiel. "You knew?! You knew he was alive and you didn't tell me?!"

*flashback*

"NO!" you screamed as Dean pulled you out of the building. A blinding light filled the space and you knew he was dead. Amara had killed him. Metatron was the love of your life, not that you ever told him, and now he was dead. Dean gripped your shoulder and gave it a squeeze. You felt the pain course through you. Your heart broke when you thought of how you'd never see him again. You'd never get to hear him telling you the stories of the Earth again. You'd never get assure him that he was loved. Everything you planned with him was in ruins.

*end flashback*

"How could you not tell me that you faked his death?!" you scolded, rather loudly. All four of them flinched. "We couldn't take the chance that Amara would find out, Y/N." You shook your head before walking over and punching Metatron right in the nose. "Get out!" you growled. Turning on your heel, you left the room. "Give Y/N a few minutes to cool off," Sam suggested and Metatron nodded, clutching his nose. You hadn't really hurt him, but you had surprised him.

In your room, you paced back and forth. Your emotions kept bouncing between fury and relief. Metatron was alive. You were angry that the boys had kept it a secret from you, but you were ecstatic that he wasn't dead. Suddenly, you started crying. All the feelings you kept in all those months finally broke free.

There was a knock on your door. "Go away, Sam!" Sam was always the one to come comfort you when you were upset about Metatron. He never understood what you saw in the angel, but he hated the idea of you hurting. Instead of listening, whoever it was opened the door. "I said go away-" you turned and stopped talking. "You said 'go away, Sam'. I'm not Samantha."

"Oh well...go away, Met." He chuckled, knowing you probably didn't mean it. "Y/N." You shook your head. "No, Metatron. You pretended to be dead for months. I mourned you. I thought I'd never see you again. I just got used to that fact when you suddenly showed up again. How do you think that makes me feel? That no one felt the need to share with me, the person who loved you, that you weren't dead after all?"

"You love me?" You rolled your eyes. "That's what you got out of that? Always focusing on you, huh?" Metatron chuckled and shook his head. "Not anymore. I did some thinking while I was in hiding. I realized that I was a self-indulgent, self-righteous angel. I didn't care about anyone or anything other than myself. Until I met you."

You sniffled and he continued, "I'm sorry for putting you through what I did." You looked at his pouting face and laughed. You never could stay mad at him. You approached him slowly and wrapped your arms around him. He stood frozen for a second before returning the embrace. You sighed happily until you felt something else wrapped around you.

Your brows furrowed and you pulled away tolook at Metatron. Whatever it was felt warm and feather light. "Met? Are those your...wings I'm feeling?" Metatron nodded. "Yeah. I'm surprised. Most humans can't see or feel an angel's wings." You hummed and hugged him again, reveling in the feeling of his arms, and his wings, around you.