Little One (Dean Winchester x pregnant!reader)

This was not happening. Absolutely NOT happening. It couldn't be. You had been so very careful. Yet, the two little lines glaring up from the test in your hand mocked you. You wanted to scream and cry at the same time. You were a hunter, for goodness sake! Dean was a hunter. A baby was not in the plan yet, even though you wanted to be parents some day.

"Sweetheart?" Dean's voice carried through the door of the dingy motel bathroom, "You okay?" You nodded before remembering that he couldn't see you. "Yeah. Not feeling well. I think I should stay behind." After a beat, Dean spoke again. "Alright. Lock the door. I'll call you when we're on the way back. We'll stop and get you something to help you feel better."

"Dean? I love you," you called out to him. He chuckled. "I love you too, Sweetheart." You smiled a bit as you glanced back down. How were you going to tell him? What were you going to do?

*time skip*

"Why are we doing this again?" Sam asked, earning an eye roll from you. Dean had warmed up to the fact that your friend was now a werewolf, but Sam hadn't exactly taken the news well. "Because Garth asked us to, Sam. Werewolf or not, he's still our friend just like Cas and Benny," you replied as you fiddled with the sleeves of your too-big hoodie. When Dean had questioned why you bought such an oversized garment, you'd simply shrugged and told him you were tired of being cold all the time.

In truth, you were using the thing to hide your soon-to-be obvious baby bump. You'd managed so far as until the last couple of weeks, you could explain it away as eating a little more. Which you were. But you just hadn't been able to pluck up the courage to tell Dean that he was going to be a father. The only other person that knew was Cas, because ya know, angels and all that. You'd begged him not to say anything to Dean. You never imagined that it would be Garth that blabbed your secret. At the dinner table.

You somehow managed to end up sitting with Garth on one side and Dean on your other. Garth's wife was an amazing cook and you were really enjoying it. That is, until that damned morning sickness hit again. "You okay, sweetheart?" Dean asked, noticing how you stopped eating suddenly and closed your eyes. You opened them and tried to smile as you nodded.

"Morning sickness sucks, huh?" Garth commented, "I remember Bess when she was pregnant with our first." Your head snapped over to Garth as you stared at him with wide eyes. "Morning sickness? But she's not-" Dean cut off when he noticed you had stiffened up and weren't denying anything. "Baby?" You continued to stare at Garth even as tears threatened to fall.

"He didn't know?" Garth asked and you shook your head slowly. "H-How did you know?" you questioned with a soft voice. "Werewolves have a super sense of smell. You-You smell different. You're acting different. And you're looking sick over one of your favorite meals." You finally glanced over at Dean. He looked shocked. Shocked and angry. Very angry. Needless to say, the rest of dinner was a rather awkward affair.

Dean was silent as the three of you headed back to your motel for the night before heading back to the bunker the next day. His eyes remained fixed on the road as his knuckles turned white with how tightly he gripped the steering wheel. Neither you nor Sam said a word either. Dean needed time to process and you needed time to figure out how you were going to explain everything to him.

Sam practically ran to his room when the three of you pulled into the motel parking lot. You followed slowly behind Dean, unsure if he would want you sharing the room that night. Luckily for you, Dean held the door open until you'd made it into the room. You instantly sat on the edge of the bed, waiting for Dean to say something. You knew he wouldn't yell at you or anything like that, but breaking up over this was obviously one of the top thoughts in your head. Five year relationship down the drain, just like that. And you wouldn't have blamed him for it.

"How long?" he suddenly asked, making you jump. "W-What?"

"How long have you been pregnant? How long have you known?" You bit your lip as tears welled up in your eyes. Damn hormones. "About four months. I haven't been to a doc since the last one confirmed that the pregnancy test was right. I've known for a couple months now, maybe two and a half. It's why I've been sticking to research." You let your gaze travel up to Dean's face. He didn't look angry anymore at least.

"Why didn't you tell me?" You shrugged a little. "When could I have? You've been on back-to-back hunts for weeks. Not to mention that it's not exactly a good time for this." You let your head fall forward so your eyes were on the floor again. Your voice was soft and you hated it. You hated feeling this weak, especially in front of the love of your life. "I wasn't sure if-if you'd want it," you whispered after a moment when Dean didn't answer you.

Dean was suddenly squatting in front of you, his fingers lifting your chin so he could look into your eyes. "Sweetheart, there is nothing I want more. I knew from the moment I met you that I wanted this. The whole white-picket fence crap. It's a horrible time, sure, but I want this if you do. I wish you would have told me. I hate that I had to find out from Garth."

"I'm so sorry, Dean. I just didn't know how to tell you." He reached up to wipe the tears from your cheeks. You took his other hand and placed it on your stomach. "I love you, Dean and I'm sorry. No more secrets, I promise." He raised up a bit so he could kiss your forehead. "I love you too."