Secrets

Highschool Dean x Werewolf Male Reader (also in highschool)
Angst

Plot/: Dean goes over to dinner at Readers' house, but it doesn't go as great as they wanted it to.

Dean was not going to say he was nervous to meet his boyfriend's family, alright maybe he was just a little bit. This was the first time Winchester had agreed to meet anyone's family, let alone a partner of his. Reader was happy that he had decided to go, so much that Dean's chance of making up an excuse other than fighting the evil wasn't going to work out.

Dean was on his way now, to Readers' house I mean. Reader was setting the table, making sure to put the forks and the spoons down neatly. Readers Mother was in the kitchen, she had happily agreed to make some soup and sandwiches for Reader's boyfriend.

"Mom?" Reader asked coming into the kitchen, Readers mother hummed to show she was listening. "You do remember that Deans a human right?" he asked softly. Readers Mother nodded and turned off the stove. "Of course I know that dear, which is why I made us separate bowls and sandwiches," she said smirking.

Reader nodded and went back to their small dining room, he hoped this wasn't going to be a mistake.

"Reader! Deans here!" Readers Father yelled from the front door, Reader quickly got up and out of his bed and ran downstairs. "Dean!" he greeted happily. Dean smiled a bit nervously and walked inside, "Hey Reader. Mr (Last Name)." he said and tipped his head. "I like this boy already." Readers Father said closing the door and patting him on the back.

Dean smiled and nodded a thank you. Reader on the other hand stayed quiet watching his father's moves.

"I'll go tell your mother." Readers Father said walking into the kitchen. Dean smiled at his boyfriend, "You have a nice Dad." he said sighing in relief. Reader shrugged and nodded, he grabbed Deans' hand and pulled him into the dining room. "I'm starving," he said and sat down, Dean sat next to him and chuckled.

"You could have at least had a snack," he said and looked at the neatly placed non-silverware. He found that a bit odd but didn't want to ask about it.

"Hello, Dean." Readers mother said softly, she put the two pots of stew in the middle of the table and smiled at him. Dean smiled back, "Hello Mrs. (Last Name)." She smiled "So polite." she muttered before sitting down across from him and her son.

"Alright! Foods ready! Let's eat!" The readers' father said sitting down and going for the pot of stew. They all waited patiently for their turns to fill their bowl.

"Why are there two bowls?" Dean asked, Reader, looked at his parents, he looked at Dean and smiled. "We didn't know if you would like the way we usually ate ours, so my MOther made you a plain one," he explained. Dean nodded slowly and took from that bowl, he sniffed it and sighed, "This smells so good." he murmured. A lot better than anything his dad had ever cooked.

"Well let us not wait for it to get cold dear." Readers Mother said eating a bite of her stew. Reader and his Father soon joined in. Dean shortly after.

"That was amazing!" Dean said wiping his mouth, Reader chuckled "I know right? My mother's defiantly a good cook." he said and picked his teeth. Dean laid back on Readers' bed and smiled. 'Better than my dad's cheap cooking." he said more to himself than Reader.

Reader laid back with him and nodded, "What does your dad do anyways?" he asked not wanting to pry. Dean shrugged, "No one believes it, so let's just say he works whatever job he can get." Reader rolled his eyes.

"Come on Dean, just tell me." He said propping himself up on his elbows. Dean sighed and looked at him, and with a dead face, said, "He hunts monsters." Reader, being a werewolf, almost shook at those words. "O-oh really?" he asked trying to play it off as a joke. Dean groaned "You don't believe me huh? See? I told you, you wouldn't." he said and looked back to Reader's ceiling.

Reader chuckled nervously, "What's next Dean? You're a monster hunter too?" he asked as a serious question in disguise as a joke.

"I mean yeah. It's a family thing." Dean said and looked at Reader. Reader gulped and nodded, he looked away and tried to focus on the fact that Dean didn't know what he truly was. "Are you okay?" Dean asked sitting up. Reader nodded and flashed him a fake smile. "Fine and dandy!" he said and sat up.

Dean was 10x more suspicious of him now, if it weren't for the odd-looking silverware and the two pots of stew, he wouldn't have found it so odd. But he was a hunter, after all, his dad had taught him that much.

"Reader. What's going on." Dean asked rather sternly. Reader sighed and looked at his boyfriend. "Dean....I.....well...." Dean rolled his eyes, "Spit it out!" he yelled annoyed. Reader huffed and crossed his arms.

"Well, Mr. Hunter. What do you think?" He asked coldly, Deans expression changed into confusion for a second before getting all the hints together. "Your not a-" He cut himself off by quickly getting off the bed, "You're a monster!" he yelled angrily.

"If that's what you call it." Reader said somewhat hurt. Dean scoffed, "and to think I just ate dinner with you monsters!" he yelled grabbing his coat, which had a silver knife in it.

Reader gasped seeing the silvery object clutched in Deans' hand. "Dean wait! W-we can talk about this!" he yelled and backed away to his window.

"I should have known something was off," Dean said scolding himself, Reader frowned and put his hands up in defense. "Please, Dean." he pleaded. "What was in that stew huh?!" Dean asked stepping closer, Reader quivered, "D-dean, I think you know." he said embarrassed.

Dean fake a puking noise and gripped his knife tighter. "I can't believe you," he said pinning him to the wall. "I bet you were trying to poison me huh?" he asked now full-on raged.

"No Dean! I might be a werewolf but I would never do that to anyone! Let alone, my own boyfriend!"

Dean glared at him, "Your lying." he stated pressing the knife to Readers' neck, Reader sniffled and gently shook his head. "P-please Dean." he whimpered. Dean looked at his once lover's features and couldn't help but feel a little sad about it all. "You don't have to do this, I won't talk to you anymore! I won't even look at you anymore!" Reader begged. "Please..."

Dean had to admit, something about this felt all types of wrong. On one hand, his father was in the back of his mind screaming at him to just get it over with and kill the bastard, while the other voice in the back of his mind was telling him how much this boy meant to him, how much he loved him and should definitely not kill him.

Dean let go, he backed away and held the knife at his side. Reader took a breath of air and looked at the hunter. They stayed in silence for a while before Reader went and grabbed Dean's things. he handed them to him and sniffled, "Go Dean. I promise I won't tell my parents." he said almost in a whisper.

Dean nodded and grabbed his things, leaving immediately afterward back to the motel.

Reader watched as he left, he felt so guilty for not telling Dean about who he really was, he wanted to go back in time and change everything, but that'll never happen.

And so be went to the bathroom and took a warm shower to make him feel better.

Dean, on the other hand, was already back at the shit motel they were staying in, Sam had taken note, from the way dean looked, to just leave him and continue watching tv. John didn't really care much to say the least so he just gave Dean and nod and went back to researching on some god he thought of tracking down.

He took a quick shower and headed to bed, thinking the whole night about Reader.

(TBC)