chapter two

YOUR POV:

Beca and I walked around the activities fair, looking at some of the booths with questioning looks. I mean what kind of clubs were half of these??

"RIAC: Running In A Circle." I read aloud. The two guys behind the booth smiled at me as Beca snorted.

"Basically what we do is join hands in a large ring and run clockwise." One guy said.

"It's really about movement and-"

"So let me get this straight." Beca cut off the second guy, "You just join hands and run in a large circle?"

They both grinned before the chunkier one out of the two handed Beca and I a pen to sign.

"I think we're gonna look around." I said with a fake smile, turning on my heel and walking away.

"Let's get out while we still can. Let's go back and pack our bags and hit the road for LA." Beca suggested.

"Sounds like a great idea if you want dad to come and track us down and drag us back by our ear." I chuckled, looking around at the other booths. Nothing stood out to me. My mind was dead set on music and there didn't seem to be any clubs with the same passion.

"Whatever. He stopped being a dad to me when he left us and mom for the hooker." My sister rolled her eyes.

"Fuck that stepmonster." I giggled, scratching my arm as we continued to walk around.

CHLOE'S POV:

Aubrey was handing, well, trying, to hand out flyers to girls who walked by our booth but they would just laugh and push the flier away. Nobody wanted to join the Barden Bellas.

We were able to recruit a girl who went by the name Fat Amy, but that was it. We were the laughing stock of Barden because Aubrey threw up chunks all over the stage and microphone at our last performance. It was a travesty.

My eyes began wandering, tired of being rejected by people I offered fliers too. They landed on a pair of girls. They looked like sisters or at least some sort of family. I kept my eyes on the tatted up one. She wore black ripped skinny jeans, some doc martins paired with a plain white t and she had a denim jacket tied around her waist. Her arms were covered in tattoos and I just wanted to trace them with my nails.

"What about them?" I asked Aubrey, gesturing towards the girls.

"Are you blind Chloe? The smaller one is wearing way too much eyeliner one could mistake her for a raccoon. And the other one looks like her girlfriend calls her daddy."

"Is that a bad thing?" I raised an eyebrow.

Aubrey huffed, "I couldn't think of anything else. The point is they wouldn't look good in the outfit."

YOUR POV:

"Hi! Any interest in joining our a capella group?" A ginger handed me a flier with a bright smile on her face.

"Right. This is a thing now." Beca commented, looking at the flier I grabbed from her hand.

"Totes. We sing covers of songs but we do it without any instruments." She grinned, then going on to explain the four different groups who also did a capella that were on campus.

"I like your tattoos." The girl told me, her dimples showing from how much she was smiling.

"Thanks." I grinned.

"I also have a tattoo. I went through a punk phase. I listened to a lot of Evanescence."

I laughed, "Great band."

"Mhm. Sometimes I still listen to them. One of my guilty pleasures."

"Well I promise your secret is safe with me." I chuckled.

The ginger grinned, "so are you interested in joining?"

"I don't know. Seems pretty lame." My sister shrugged.

The tall blonde who was standing off to the side had a shocked expression, "Aca-scuse me?! Synchronized lady dancing to a Mariah Carey chart topper is not lame."

"We sing all over the world and compete in national championships." The ginger butted in.

"On purpose?" Beca snickered.

"We played at the Cobb Energy Performing arts center you bitch!" The blonde woman gasped.

Beca laughed, "Wow."

"What Aubrey means to say is that we're a close knit group who's dream is to return to the national finals. Help us turn our dreams into reality?" The ginger looked at Beca and then looked at me, her deep blue eyes looking at me.

"Sorry, I'm not really a singer. I'm more of a producer. I'm good, but my sister here likes to sing. So maybe she'll join." Beca smirked at me before walking off.

I internally groaned, knowing Beca was up to something and I didn't like it. I glared at her retreating form before looking back towards the smaller ginger. Her blue eyes batted up at me and I swear she was pouting.

"Will you join us?" She asked.

"Uh, look you guys seem nice and I'm all for doing it with your mouth, but I think I'm gonna have to pass. It was nice meeting you." I smiled before rushing off towards my sister.

I snuck up behind her and pinched her arm, hearing her hiss and it made me feel a little better.

"You're such an ass." Beca pouted, rubbing the spot on her arm where I pinched her.

"Me?! What the hell was that back there?"

"Did you get her number?"

"What- no! That was why you did that? Bec I told you I don't want to get into another relationship. Not for a long while. Maybe not at all."

"So you've given up on dating?"

"Can't get cheated on if you don't date anyone. Big brain thinking." I tapped the side of my head.

"Fair point but you're an amazing person. You just gotta find the right girl." Beca smiled.

"Thanks bec." I smiled back softly.

"She was totally checking you out by the way."

"Oh here we go." I threw my hands up and laughed lightly.

"I'm being serious." Beca laughed, "She was feeling some type of way."

"You're hallucinating." I snorted.

"Where do you think her tattoo is?" Beca nudged me.

I laughed loudly, "Beca!"