chapter fifty nine

YOUR POV:

I was in L.A. again this time it was just Emily that tagged along. I was finishing up my album, wanting Emily to feature on one of the songs. But it was time to finish up the movie and we just had a few more scenes to film.

Megan seemed off today, looking a little glum and sad in the eyes and the corners of her lips were pulled down into a slight frown when she wasn't filming our scenes.

We were all taking a break and I had ordered some coffee, knocked on Megan's trailer door and came inside when I heard a faint 'come in.'

"I got us some coffee. You look a little down in the dumps and I figured some coffee might help." I smiled softly, taking the coffee out of the drink carrier and setting it on the nightstand next to the bed.

"Thanks." Megan said, sitting up on the bed and grabbing the cup with both hands, taking a small sip.

"Can I do anything?" I asked.

"No y/n. You're not my girlfriend so you don't have to worry about me." Megan snapped a little, closing her eyes and shaking her head, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap. It's that time of the month, cramps are giving me a hard time."

"I could go and grab some medicine, some food and..." the rest of the words trailed off my tongue when Megan looked at me and raised an eyebrow, "...I could just not worry about it."

"Thanks. Look, we can talk later but right now I'm not in the mood." The actress sucked in a breath, took another sip of coffee before putting it on the nightstand next to her before laying back down.

I clapped my hands together, "Right. Of course. I'll leave." I grabbed the drink carrier and her phone pinged on her bed and I couldn't help but look. I only got a glimpse of the name before it would become too obvious I was looking. The name was Colson. I cleared my throat and left with a final glance, finding the interaction tense and weird.

Was she talking to Colson again? Why? I thought she was done? Why did I care? I had Chloe and I was more than happy. I guess maybe I just wanted the same for Megan but Megan was a big girl and could make her own decisions.

I made it back to my trailer and Emily smiled when she saw me and I felt bad because she looked a little bored.

"I'm sorry. I know you're wanting to go to the studio." I scratched the back of my neck, "I promise I'm almost done with my scenes."

"It's okay. I've been writing some music." She said sheepishly. I looked over her lyrics and nodded to the best I was making up in my head.

"These are really good. You know if you ever wanted to do music full time I could put in a good word." I slid her notebook back over to her.

"Thanks, but I think I'm gonna focus on college and graduate first. I'll definitely make songs here and there but I don't think I'm ready to give it my sole attention." Emily said.

"I respect it." I hummed, taking a sip of my coffee and finding it utterly disgusting so I threw it away.

"You okay?" The freshman student asked.

"What? Oh, yeah. I guess. I'm just thinking." I told her being a little coy.

Emily nodded, not believing me, "That's a lie. But if you wanna talk I can listen."

"I appreciate it. I'll be okay." I flashed a smile before someone was knocking on my door saying we were gonna go back to filming in five.

"Looks like I gotta go." I stood from the table.