chapter eighteen

YOUR POV:

A small grumble left my lips when my phone started ringing loudly on my desk and I closed my text book, seeing an incoming FaceTime call from my sister.

"Y/n, I need help." Beca said instantly when I accepted the call.

"Are you okay?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No I'm not okay! I'm at a flower stand for fuck sake! I don't like flowers, I don't buy flowers!" She ranted.

"Who are you buying flowers for?"

Beca opened and closed her mouth a few times, stumbling out an answer, "Uh, my room. It looks a little boring."

I raised an eyebrow at her, "Really? You don't like the records on the walls?"

"The records are nice but I need more... I need something different."

"Mhm sure. Well, does she have a favorite?"

"I'm buying these for me. These are my flowers!"

"Okay so what's your favorite?"

"Uhm. Pink I like pink."

I made a face, knowing she hated that color, "Pink? You despise the color pink. Say it conforms to a society that makes women feminine."

Beca rolled her eyes, "Well then yellow-"

"You think yellow looks like happiness and you hate happiness."

"What about-"

"Bec, the only color you like is black and unless you want to paint a rose black, you're shit out of luck."

"Fine! They're for Jesse! He told me he likes pink."

"You're buying flowers for a dude, how progressive of you."

"Yeah because fuck society's standards."

"Well I hope Jesse likes his pink flowers."

"Which ones do I get?! What do you get Chloe?" My sister bit her bottom lip, turning the screen and showing me all the flower options.

"I haven't bought her flowers yet. But based on what you've told me I'd go with a bunch of pink roses with some sunflowers."

"That's cute." Beca hummed.

"I thought so."

"So pink roses with sunflowers?"

"Yes Beca. But you can't hesitate. You have to give Jesse these as soon as you buy them so he can put them in water."

"Water?" She asked, flipping the screen back on her face.

"Yeah, water. They'll die if you don't."

"Right, you're right. Thanks."

"You're welcome." I grinned, "Good luck." I teased before she flipped me off and ended the call.

I laughed to myself before going to my messages and clicking on Chloe's name.

Y/n: Just got off FaceTime with my sister... 99% sure she's buying Aubrey flowers

As soon as I sent the message, the Delivered turned into Read 11:06 and the chat bubble popped up.

Chloe 💕: OMG!!!! This is so exciting!

I laughed at her, fingers dancing across the keyboard as I began typing out my response.

Y/n: mhm. very. my sisters never acted like this before, think she's in love

Chloe 💕: opposites do attract, I hope things work out :) flowers are cute

I knew Chloe was trying to hint at me getting her flowers without actually saying the words. So I decided to go and get the ginger some flowers. Beca told me where the flower shop was and I put some decent clothes on and left my dorm.

Once I got to the flower shop, a cute baby faced man greeted me with a bright smile and told me to take my time. He had an amazing selection of healthy flowers and I wasn't sure which ones to go with. Now I was having flower problems. Eventually I decided to go with some lavender and some lilies and the sweet man made a beautiful bouquet.

I paid him and thanked him before leaving with a smile on my face to go and find my ginger. I sent Beca a picture of the flowers and she sent back a thumbs up which made me playfully roll my eyes.

Chloe 💕: responddddd y/nnnnnn :( don't leave me on read

Y/n: open the door :)

The door opened and Chloe gasped when she saw the flowers. I peeked my head over them and she pulled me into her dorm and into a sweet, searing kiss.

"Mhm careful, you'll crush the flowers." I mumbled against her lips.

Chloe pulled back and gently took the flowers and her eyes welled up with tears, "These are beautiful. Thank you."

"I hope you're not allergic, I realized I've never asked what your favorite flower was." I scratched the back of my neck sheepishly.

Chloe shook her head, "these are beautiful. I've never gotten flowers before. Well, from someone important to me. thank you baby."

I grinned at the pet name, "You're welcome."

Chloe put the flowers in some water and set them on the windowsill where they could get some sun. She smiled at them and her cute dimples showed and my heart rate spiked. I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist and she leaned back into me.

"Go on a date with me?" She asked.

"I'd love to." I smiled, kissing her cheek.

a/n: short chapter I know, but I want to give a full chapter to Chloe and Y/n's date :) thank you for reading I hope you're enjoying the book so far <3