chapter four

BECA'S POV:

I made sure I had all of my shower things and made my way to the showers, wishing that I could be in my LA apartment showering right now, but that wasn't the case. Soon.

I was going to prolong this shower as much as I could so that I could be late for my fathers class I had soon. Really I was just avoiding him and the inevitable. Even if I was late to his class, he was still going to find a way to talk to me.

My sister y/n texted and told me about her rude awakening with him and how he still tried to put her dream down and talk her out of it. I couldn't stand that man sometimes. Sure he tried to talk me out of it too, but he was more persistent with y/n. Despite me being the first born, I knew that y/n was his little girl and he had a bigger soft spot for her. I think he was afraid to fuck up with her like he thinks he did me.

The only thing that fucked me up was the fact he left us when we were kids for some hooker. So she wasn't really a hooker, but I didn't care to remember what she actually did to address her properly.

Starting the water, the steam rolled out from underneath the shower curtain. I tied my hair up into a messy bun and slowly took my robe off.

"I'm bulletproof nothing to lose,
Fire away, fire away.." I sang softly to myself, stepping inside the shower and relaxing under the hot water.

"You can sing!"

I screamed loudly, flipping around and covering myself as I looked at Chloe who was grinning.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, red?!" I hissed, trying to cover myself with a loofa.

"How high does your belt go?" She asked.

"My what?!"

"The tone of your voice is beautiful. You have to audition for the Bellas."

"Do you just go into everyone's shower? Listen I can't focus on anything you're saying until you cover your junk."

Chloe chuckled, "I'm pretty confident about all this."

"Yeah, I can tell." I huffed, noting she stood with her hands on her hips like she was being defiant.

"You were singing Titanium right?"

"You know David Guetta."

Chloe looked offended, "What, have I been living under a rock? Of course. Sing it for me."

"Dude, get out." I huffed.

"I'm not gonna leave until you sing it for me."

My eyes narrows and my jaw clenched and I knew she was being serious. I should tell y/n how stubborn this chick is. Giving in, I relaxed a little and began singing. Chloe started singing along with me and we began harmonizing.

I had to admit, we did sound pretty amazing together. We finished out the song and when we were done, a brunette haired boy popped his head in the shower, "you have a lovely voice."

"Thanks?" I shifted awkwardly, looking at Chloe and thank god she got the hint. She smiled at me and pushed the guy out before leaving herself and I finished my shower in peace.

— • —

Eventually I did end up making it to my fathers class. I made it to the very end when everyone was packing their stuff and leaving. My father was erasing the white chalk off his board when he glanced at me.

"Nice of you to show up." He bit our sarcastically.

"At least I'm here. So what did I miss?"

My father sighed and put the eraser on the ledge of the chalk board, "You have an essay to write along with some reading."

I groaned, "Great."

Turning on my heel I went to walk out of his classroom when he said something and it made me grit my teeth.

"Heard you were working at the record shop on  campus."

"I am. I suppose you have something to say about that?" I asked rhetorically.

"Beca it's dark and dingy and gross, not to mention the two weirdos that work there."

"Well it's three weirdos now."

"Y/n working there too?"

"No. But I'm sure when she does get a job you won't approve. Now I'm gonna leave so I'm not late for my next class." I fake smiled before rushing out of the room.

— • —

"Becaaaaa." Y/n sang lightly as she knocked on my door. I got up and opened it, seeing my sister on the other side with a grin on her face, some takeout in one hand and her acoustic guitar in the other, "I finished the song. Thought you should be the first one to hear it live. And I brought you food."

I smiled, stepping out of the way so she could come in and I closed the door behind her. I was thankful that my dorm mate wasn't here.

"How was your day?" Y/n asked taking off her denim jacket and draping it over the desk chair.

I sighed, sitting cross cross on my bed, "Dad doesn't approve of where I work so of course he said something about that."

"What a prick."

"And then I ran into Chloe, our stalker, in the shower. She heard me signing and decided to come and join me."

Y/n began laughing, clutching her stomach and wheezing, "that's great Becs. did you drop the soap?"

I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth, grabbing one of my pillows and chucking it at her, "Shut up and come play this song for me."

Y/n giggled and grabbed her guitar and the pillow that was on the floor. She sat down next to me and began playing the tune.

"Tell me pretty lies.." she started.

After a few minutes her words slowly died out on her tongue and her fingers stopped strumming the guitar.

"Wow. That was really good." I grinned, proud of my sister. I knew this song was about her ex girlfriend and was glad she was able to express herself through music.

Y/n smiled at me, loving the praise. All the shit dad gave us I knew hurt her in some way, maybe more than she let on. So I wanted to make sure she knew how amazing she was at music and one day I knew she was gonna be a rockstar.

"Thanks."

I hummed, "What are you calling it?"

"I don't fucking care. idfc for short."

"Play it for me again." I grinned, grabbing my takeout and began eating. Y/n laughed, strumming the tune again.

a/n: I'm thinking some Chloe and Y/n fluff next chapter