chapter thirty three

AUBREY'S POV:

I was in y/n's dorm room where Chloe was curled up in a ball on her bed, wearing one of y/n's sweatshirts. I was rubbing her back while she took a nap before her doctor's appointment. While I scratched her back, I decided to check in and call my girlfriend. The phone rang a couple times before she answered.

"Hey." She breathed.

"Hi baby." I said with a smile.

"What are you up to?" Beca asked.

"I'm rubbing Chloe's back. Poor girl. She's sleeping in one of y/n's hoodies."

Beca chuckled lowly and I couldn't help but smile more. She was the cutest.

"How is she doing? Y/n said she wasn't feeling well."

A sigh left my lips, upset that she was feeling so gross, "She's not. She's been curled up in a ball the entire time I've been over. Her back is really crampy and it's hurting her. I'm worried about the baby if I'm being honest."

Through the speaker I could hear Becas breath hitch, probably thinking the worst like me.

"...but she has an appointment with her doctor later today so I guess we'll see. Anyways, how did it go today?"

"It went well I guess. Y/n's really excited about all of it. She even met one of her idols."

"Did she take the news well?" I asked and the producer sighed, staying silent for a few moments.

"I haven't told her yet. I can't tell her today. We're going to a party later... Travis Barker invited us."

"Be safe okay?" I bit the inside of my cheek.

Beca hummed, "I will. Keep me updated on Chloe too would you?"

"Of course."

WIth that we bid our goodbyes and I locked my phone and slid it back into my pocket. I looked over towards my best friend who looked so small and tired despite all the sleep she was getting. I felt bad for her. Here she was feeling like absolute shit and where was y/n? Going to get drunk at a celebrity party and who the fuck knows what could happen. I mean Chloe was carrying her child and since getting this cool new record deal, she acted like she didn't even care at all. My best friend was no hump and dump and she sure as hell wasn't going to be one of  her baby mamas. Chloe deserved nothing but the best.

Eventually it was time for Chloe to get up and get around for her doctor's appointment and I didn't want to wake her up but I knew I had too.

"Chloe, it's time to wake up sweet girl." I cooed, rubbing her arm and the ginger sighed, sitting up slowly and rubbing her eyes. The redhead jutted out her bottom lip and I could tell that it just hurt to move but she powered through it.

When we arrived at the hospital, Chloe led me towards a different building where her doctor was. We checked in and they said that Dr. Deluca would be with us in a few moments. While we were waiting, Chloe said she had to use the bathroom.

CHLOE'S POV:

Carefully I pushed myself out of the chair and hobbled towards the bathrooms, clutching my stomach. I just hoped everything was okay with the baby, I hope I wasn't getting sick myself. I tried to keep all the negative thoughts pushed to the back of my head so I wouldn't give myself an anxiety attack.

I locked the bathroom door behind me and leaned against the basic white sink counter, looking at myself in the mirror. Just looking at me you could tell I've lost a couple pounds and I wasn't getting much sleep. I was sleeping but my body and mind weren't resting. All I wanted was y/n. That's all I craved was y/n. My bottom lip started to quiver at the thought that she wasn't here and I missed her so much.