chapter forty seven

YOUR POV:

Emily had fallen asleep on the couch, face squished against the pillow and snoring. I grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch and covered her up before making my way upstairs. When I made it up the stairs I looked over towards my sisters room to see that the line was on under her door. Checking on Chloe to make sure she was still sound asleep, I went back over to Beca's room and knocked softly.

"Come in." she said faintly and I slipped inside her room, closing the door behind me.

"Hey." I breathed, plopping down on her bed.

"Hey. Can't sleep either?"

"Well I was and then I got thirsty. I met Emily in the kitchen and I helped her write a song." I told her.

"That girl is a big fan of yours if you haven't noticed."

I chuckled, "you don't say. She's cute in an innocent way."

"Or in an annoying way. Chloe let her in the group since she's a legacy or whatever. I didn't even know that was a thing."

"Are you gonna be an acapella legacy one day?" I teased.

My sister rolled her eyes, "I really hope not but I think it's too late for me."

I snorted, pushing her feet over so I could lay down on her bed and be comfy.

"So how's life in L.A.? I mean good right since you and Megan.." My sister trailed off.

"I washed a cup out once that I'm pretty sure Eminem drank out of once. It felt really angry. But yeah, Megan and I." I rubbed my nose, sitting up on her bed not really being able to just relax. To a point I still felt like my sister and I had so much to talk about.

"Well you love Chloe more, that's apparent or you wouldn't be here."

"I can pull girls like Megan all day, but girls- women- like Chloe are hard to come by." I smiled to myself, "I'm gonna do whatever I can to keep her."

"You're not losing me again." Chloe mumbled sleepily, rubbing her eyes as she climbed into my lap and I put my arms around her waist, "You didn't come back to bed and I got cold."

I giggled lightly, not realizing that my sister had snapped a picture of us. I was too caught up in Chloe, the way her sleep distressed hair fell perfectly around her face. Her calming light blue eyes washed over me, drinking in every little detail about me and I did the same. The ginger's small body melted further into my chest, her arms going around my neck and I put my face in her neck, inhaling the calming scent she held. She smelled like home. The smell of alcohol and cigarettes didn't linger around us, bad decisions weren't taunting me like the devil was talking in my ear. Chloe was clean. She was pure. She was home. I know I said that Megan fit great with me too, but Megan was only a soulmate. Chloe was my twin flame, something much more grand and stronger than a soulmate. Two halves of the same soul split and put into different bodies, meeting again in this life.

"Ugh, I miss Aubrey." Beca huffed. I pulled my face from Chloe's neck to look at my sister.

"You'll see her again, Bex. I know you will. Sometimes you just have to let things go and if they come back to you then they're yours. If they don't.. Fuck her and that's her loss. You have an amazing future ahead. Whether that's an acapella legacy or being the greatest producer ever." I told her honestly, offering her a small smile.

Beca sighed and nodded, throwing her arm over her eyes and I knew she was trying not to cry, "I know. It doesn't make it hurt any less though."

"I know.." I breathed, sympathizing with her.