chapter thirty

YOUR POV:

It was late and I was sitting at my desk, my computer open and being the only light in the dorm. The Love Race song file was open and I was doing some tweaking, fixing things and redoing things till I thought it was perfect. The song was far from finished, Beca still had to record her verse on it after promising she would try. She had already shown me the lyrics for it and they were damn good.

My shoulders were slumped back in the chair and the exhaustion was setting in but I was having trouble sleeping. I kept looking at the card that Kylar had given me, the gold lettering shining off the computer light. My dreams were one call away but I knew I had to talk to Chloe about it. I mean we had already kinda talked about it but I don't think either one of us saw it coming this soon. I certainly didn't. I was one of those people who had talent. I just didn't think I was as good at it as everyone says.

Arms soon encircled around me from behind and the faint smell of Chloe's perfume wafted under my nose. The red head leaned down and pressed soft and subtle kisses to the side of my neck.

"It's late, what are you doing up?" Chloe mumbled groggily.

I tilted my head back to look at her, our noses nudging together, "I couldn't sleep."

Chloe hummed and walked around and straddled my lap, curling into my chest and sighed in content, "What's on your mind baby?"

I cleared my throat, setting the card on the desk and wrapping my arms around her, "After the Bellas national performance, some guy approached Beca and I. His name is Kylar and he owns Bad Boy/Interscope Records. He wants to sign Beca and I to his label."

"That's great baby! Oh my god I'm so happy for you and Beca." Chloe grinned.

I couldn't help but half smile, not being able to bring myself to give more than that, "If I take this deal.. If Beca and I take this deal.. No more Barden University. No more college classes."

"I guess I don't understand what the big deal is. This is what you've always wanted."

A sigh left my lips as my palms began to rub her exposed thighs, making shapes while my fingers danced along her skin, "The record label is in L.A. I'd be there and you'd be here... and we have a baby on the way."

Chloe's face fell, hurt evident on her face, "You make it sound like our baby is nothing but an obstacle. Something that's gonna hold you back from your dreams."

"Chloe-"

"No!" She snapped, "Don't cut me off. I'm still talking. You told me that no matter what you would be here, that no matter what you would make this work."

"And you told me that you knew I was trying to be a rockstar, that I should be able to do that without anyone holding me back." I clenched my jaw.

"Am I holding you back y/n? Is this baby holding you back?" Chloe yelled, getting off my lap and crossing her arms over her chest, "You told me that I was your dream too. Sounds to me like you've already made up your mind."

I went to open my mouth to reply when Chloe winced in pain, gripping her lower back with one hand and my desk with the other. The anger vanished and was replaced with fear and worry. I wanted to make sure she was okay.

"What's wrong baby? Are you okay?"

Chloe sucked in a breath and unsqueezed her eyes, "I'm fine. My lower back just started to cramp is all. I'm gonna go back to bed. You should too. It's late."

I nodded, turning off my computer and climbing in my bed behind Chloe. I wrapped her up in my arms, one of my hands resting on her stomach and she placed her hands overtop of mine. I smiled into her hair and kissed the back of her head, the sandman soon overtaking me in a deep deep slumber.

BECA'S POV:

"If I make this you have to take a lap around our floor naked." Aubrey said, taking a blue pen and trying to throw it in the mason jar in front of us. The pen bounced off the top and landed next to the jar.

Aubrey made a disappointed grunt and took another sip of the bottle of wine between us while I thought of something.

"If I make this then you have to give me a kiss." I smiled.

Aubrey giggled, "I'd give you a kiss either way but lets see what ya got."

I loosened my shoulders and aimed as best as I could, throwing the pencil and completely missing the jar. How embarrassing. I sucked in a sharp breath, narrowing my eyes at the stupid jar and I could feel Aubrey's gaze on my head.

"Oh poor baby." Aubrey jutted out her lower lip, "Come here."

We both leaned in, our lips meeting for a soft kiss and I could taste the red wine on her lips. The taste of wine somehow made the kiss more romantic and better, moving my head a little to kiss her better, taking a risk and licking her lower lip with my tongue. The blonde pulled back with a smile on her face, booping my nose with her finger.

"I'm not gonna let you in that easy, Mitchell."

"Well I didn't peg you for the easy type, Posen." I smirked at her.

The taller woman laughed breathlessly, her pearly white teeth on display and my heart skipped many, many beats, "So.. you gonna go to L.A. with your sister?"

I sighed, "You know it's funny.. I mean it's been my dream, our dream, for so long and now it's finally here. I mean I didn't think it would happen this fast."

"You having second thoughts?"

"I don't know. I know I don't want to be a Bella forever. I want to think of the future. Y/n let me do this and be the main character of this whole Bella thing and the rockstar thing is her thing. She is the main character."

"But.." Aubrey trailed off.

"But.. I think I wanna finish off college and do this bella thing. I'll produce for a little longer and of course I'll still help out my sister. Which is crazy because I never thought I'd be holding back."

"I don't think you're holding back. I mean you found something else that you enjoy doing and I know the Bellas have grown on you. A college degree can help further you along too. And I mean come on, your sister is going to be a rockstar so if you change your mind I'm sure that she can get you anywhere."

I smiled softly at the blonde, "It's just crazy. In the beginning all I cared about was leaving Barden and going to L.A. I know I'll get there, I just wanna enjoy the scenic route a little longer."

Aubrey grinned, "Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure your sister will understand."

"I really hope so. It's her dream too." 

a/n: thoughts on this chapter?